RPG Maker Forums

Marsigne
Marsigne
Both are equally hard to me, but the latter is harder to market. :p
Kes
Kes
Depends what your talents are. And I think both are equally hard to market.
Nilom
Nilom
For me creating a video game is harder. You have to create assets, levels and mess around with scripts, plug ins and incompatible stuff. And in some video games you have to care about good story aswell.
When writing a book you are the god of your mind. You can create everything out of your mind. You do not need an artist (maybe for the cover), nor a programmer.
Nilom
Nilom
Your book doesn't need to be balanced or patched. The patch equivalent of books would be editions, if you find spelling mistakes. But they are easily made.
I do not want to misvalue writing a book. But I for myself find the conception phase much easier and more fluid when creating new classes, skills and stories in my game than actually implementing it.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Like @Kes said, it's gonna come down to talent. But 'easier' is a super relative term, here. For me, I tend to write 'book' material confidently and dislike it later, whereas with games I am super critical of every visual aspect, but later I look back and feel more satisfied.
Poryg
Poryg
Making a game is easier than writing a book. Making a great game however,... Not anymore.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Do you know the middle ground? comic book
cabfe
cabfe
Just like "making a movie or a game?"
They both have their pros and cons.
TWings
TWings
For doing both, it's way harder to write a book in my opinion. If your writing sucks you're basically screwed. Books are all about the way you tell your story and detail everything (not only dialogs), while trying to keep the reader hooked up. Getting published is also a nightmare.
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
In my opinion a book is easier.
I love to write and I have no problems to write in RPG Maker games, probably one of my favortite parts is to write there.
Im still missing the pixelskills to make games how I imagine them, so Im really restircted.
If I write something I only need words.
Plueschkatze
Plueschkatze
Book should be the easier of both, as you'd need a huge chunk of writing for the game, too, plus all of the other components that make a game, while a book "only" needs the writing and a extremly well done cover + blurb to be sellable. So if you are a good writer, a book should be the easier one.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
Book: Requires writing and story pacing.
Video Game: Requires writing, art, programming, music, level design and game balancing.
JaeJaeCee
JaeJaeCee
I can see people on both sides of the scale talking... And, I can actually see and understand the reasoning for both.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hogogopfu01