Comments on Profile Post by MushroomCake28

1. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    You can always add "Skip cutscene" options
    Jun 27, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  2. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Well part of the improvement process is catching spelling mistakes lol. Trust me I would love to skip those scenes that I have seen at least 100 times each lol.
    Jun 27, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  3. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    You should store texts in a separate file then, it makes checking spelling mistakes much easier, and it also helps you since you can put everything in a program with a dictionary that automatically checks spelling mistakes for you.
    Not only that, you can even use a simple plug-in to completely disable cutscenes and dialogues, making playing your game much faster.
    Jun 27, 2019
    Animebryan and cabfe like this.
  4. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    I mean, there is no need to change your whole game at this point, but I still think it is something worth mentioning so that you can keep it in mind for the future.
    Jun 27, 2019
  5. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Heirukichi Yeah, the problem is that I only thought about that after more than 50% of the game was already done... so I didn't want to redo everything. I especially wanted to code something for easy translation (something like an excel table with each column being a different language), but too late for that.
    Jun 27, 2019
  6. ShadowDragon
    ShadowDragon
    thats why you use testers to do that :D
    Jun 27, 2019
  7. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    And now you know my pain. Welcome to the Dark Side.
    Jun 27, 2019
  8. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Well, let's just say things CAN get out of hand.
    Jun 28, 2019
  9. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Yeah it definitely can.
    Jun 28, 2019
    Marsigne likes this.