Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Congrats. At least you had an adventure.
    Jul 1, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Not the one I'd like though. We're not sufficiently equipped for that. I'm the only one who has combat tools, because I bought them myself. We use phones instead of walkie-talkie, which makes coordination difficult. And today my colleague could possibly die and I wouldn't be able to help him.
    Jul 1, 2019
  3. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Oh. . . . What kind of place that doesn't provide you necessary protection tools?
    Jul 1, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Look, people still laugh at me for buying them and for carrying them around. They always ask me why did I buy them. To which I always reply, I hope for nothing.
    Jul 1, 2019
    Philosophus Vagus likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    The thing is, in our country self defence tools have limited use. I can't use them against fists or else it's excessive use of force. And against women I can't use even my hands for the same reason. So for the most part carrying tjem around is useless, so where it's generally safe, they're not supplied.
    Jul 1, 2019
  6. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Wow. Even if in life and death situation, you can't use force?
    Jul 1, 2019
  7. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    What country are you in
    Jul 1, 2019
  8. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Czech Republic
    Jul 1, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    In life and death situation you can. But it has to be life and death. Fortunately this wasn't a life and death situation... But might as well have been. Which is what scares me the most.
    Jul 1, 2019
  10. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Oh. .
    Jul 1, 2019
  11. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    The problem with that kind of law is that it is often hard to know what is a life and death situation until you've already passed the threshold from life to death. When things go bad they go bad quickly. Glad you are safe, hope those tools stay nothing but a precautious hobby for the rest of your life.
    Jul 1, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. The laws expect contradicting things. One of then is that we keep our distance and don't engage in combat. The other one is to catch a thief when he starts to run. Even then we're not allowed to use violence until he uses it, but we're in point blank, so we're at a serious disadvantage.
    Jul 2, 2019
  13. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    @Philosophus Vagus within a civilized society you define the life or death situation as "reasonable perception" like we do in the States and then as long as the nation is homogeneous the law and definition becomes clear.
    Jul 2, 2019
  14. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Golden Unicorn Gaming good in theory, less so in practice. After you defend yourself, even in your own home the cops will treat you like a criminal, and the pretrial judge will scrutinize every facet of your case for justification to charge you. The very fact of your survival will be treated as grounds that you didnt have "cause to fear for your life".
    Jul 2, 2019
    Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
  15. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    So you better have your ducks in a row. Even when the guy shot 1. Wasnt actually killed and 2. Shot at me during a home invasion let me tell you the process you go through as a victim trying to prove self-defense is hostile and frightening here in the States, even states that uphold gun rights. One activist judge and suddenly you are at trial. Got off there but honestly more traumatizing than the initial incident.
    Jul 2, 2019
    Golden Unicorn Gaming likes this.
  16. Golden Unicorn Gaming
    Golden Unicorn Gaming
    @Philosophus Vagus We’ve got a lot in common. What state are you in/did this happen in, if I may ask?
    Jul 3, 2019