Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. IAmJakeSauvage
    IAmJakeSauvage
    Their company ethics are atrocious though and I'll never purchase from them.
    Jul 2, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    In what sense are they atrocious?
    Jul 2, 2019
  3. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Their cameras are made by other companies, lately Leica. Huawei does not invent technology. A bit of googling will help you out.
    Jul 2, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    I see
    Jul 2, 2019
  5. Dalph
    Dalph
    Never really liked Huawei.
    They never really updated much their devices even before Trump's ban, lol.
    Their Emui is ridiculously outdated too, messy, ugly and their phones are crazily expensive.
    Xiaomi is so much better and cheaper if u cant afford Samsung or Apple.
    Jul 2, 2019
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    Regarding cameras, Samsung does a much better job overall and not only in that department but in display quality too, plus it has a much better update policy. My old S7 Edge (3+ years) still gets updates.
    Jul 2, 2019
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    I receive software updates every 3 months and have had even before the Trump ban. If that is "never really", then I don't want to see what is sufficient in your book.
    As for EMUI, I find it easier to navigate than MIUI. Mother has Xiaomi, I have Huawei, so we compared. Huawei has better bloatware apps too.
    Jul 2, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    In regards to prices, that is currently an interesting situation. Half a year ago the situation was opposite, with Huawei being the cheap one compared to Samsung. At least in our country. As it stands now, I have to agree that s10 is better buy than p30.
    Jul 2, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    It will also be interesting to compare photos from s10 and from p30. Nevertheless, in mid range P30 lite's 48Mpx camera currently looks the most attractive of them.
    Jul 2, 2019
  10. Dalph
    Dalph
    lol, Samsung and Xiaomi updates are "monthly" or bi-monthly at most and not every 3 months, and that goes on for usually 2-3 years at least, then it goes every 3 months and at the end of the device lifespan every 6. Huawei always sucked royally at updating their stuff.
    Jul 2, 2019
  11. Dalph
    Dalph
    Huawei devices just aren't worth the price, what exactly they do offer that a flagship Xiaomi can't? And Xiaomi costs the half.
    Jul 2, 2019
  12. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    The real red flag with Huawei, or any chinese company that collects data, is that Chinese law can force them to hand over the data to the Chinese government. I don't trust chinese company, even those that are actually good, and that's coming from me (a chinese person, technically half, but still chinese).
    Jul 2, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    Their update policy still looks ok to me. The phone is stable and overall pretty secure, so I don't really feel the difference between bi-monthly updating and quarter-yearly updating. And yes, I can admit that currently the price of p30 is unreasonable. And the embargo didn't help it. Nevertheless, price market is evolving and I do expect Huawei to answer the s10.
    Jul 2, 2019
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    In fact even when the Xiaomi flagship came out, its price was comparable with Huawei p20. Took some time for it to decline.

@MushroomCake28 Well, as long as they don't inject a keylogger in my phone, I am not too worried. After all we already lose a ton of privacy if we use Android. But that's interesting to know.
    Jul 2, 2019
  15. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Ok. 1 point for Huawei from @Poryg. 6 points against Huawei from everyone else. I think I'll believe the majority here.
    Jul 2, 2019
  16. Poryg
    Poryg
    Gotta admit defeat. I have made a check, Xiaomi is winning by great margin against both Samsung (even with the best display I can't justify the $1400 price tag) and Huawei. That doesn't mean this situation is going to stay still though. Before p30 and s10 came out, s9 was overpriced and Xiaomi flagship was close to $1000.
    Jul 2, 2019
  17. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @Poryg To be fair I'm not attacking Huawei as a company or their products. The data thing is the law in China, so every chinese tech company that collect data is affected. If you don't mind potentially giving some info to the Chinese Government, then I'm all for Huawei.
    Jul 2, 2019