Comments on Profile Post by HexMozart88

1. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Then again, they may be for someone more competent at programming, LOL.
    Jul 3, 2019
  2. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    They are extremely easy to code, at least their very core.
    Jul 3, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    With the amount of match 3 games out there you'd think there'd be some more innovation. Yet we had to wait until Huniepop to see some innovation in match 3 gaming.
    Jul 3, 2019
    HexMozart88 likes this.
  4. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    They're pretty easy to code. It takes a bit of complex thought upfront about how to search for matches, but after that it's really smooth sailing.
    Jul 3, 2019
  5. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I mean, I made this once long time ago (I forgot how I did it though).

3 Match games shouldn't be too different.
    Jul 3, 2019
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Speaking of match 3 games, the one I like and I'm still playing occasionally is Gems of War. Probably the most innovative match 3 games I've ever tried so far.
    Jul 3, 2019
  7. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @Wavelength that's probably why I haven't been able to do one successfully. In all of the game engines I've attempted, I get stuck trying to figure out how to detect matches. The rest of it seems easy enough, I just never get past that part.
    @Poryg that's very true. A lot of them seem to do the exact same thing. Perhaps, after my game is done, that'll be a side project.
    Jul 4, 2019
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Detecting matches is easy, here is how. You only need to detect the middle match, i.e the second from 3 matches. The check goes like "is there another me on vertical/horizontal line?", if yes, mark for delete. To detect 4 matches, it's simply checking if any of the grid had been marked twice for delete.
    Jul 4, 2019
    HexMozart88 likes this.