Comments on Profile Post by standardplayer

1. Kes
    Kes
    Err... I don't get the connection with cutting your hair and driving a particular type of van. Maybe there's some US cultural thing that, being a Brit, I don't know about.
    Jul 4, 2019
  2. Elliott404
    Elliott404
    Kind of like the example of settling with one iconset for every project and driving your boss driving you to a steak house-
    Jul 4, 2019
  3. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    @Kes there's a common stigma in general here that adult males shouldn't have long hair, as it's seen as juvenile. The stigma is going away. As far as the windowless van, one high profile kidnapping too many have ensured that anyone driving one looks dubious
    Jul 4, 2019
    Windows i7 likes this.
  4. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @standardplayer The stigma was at one point that you were homosexual with long hair, and that was hated. At least where I used to live. Fortunately, that kind of bigotry has been dying down.
    Jul 4, 2019
  5. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @standardplayer, you put a sunglasses and offer candies to children lol. Of course, parents would worried if their child go with a stranger.
    Jul 4, 2019
  6. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @Windows i7 where was this? Not saying you are lying but I've never once heard long hair personifying homosexuality. I've heard the opposite with women with short haircuts being assumed lesbians but growing up in the bible belt the reason my grandmother hated when I started growing my hair out was always the bible verse that states "does not nature itself teach that for a man to wear long hair is a disgrace to him."
    Jul 4, 2019
  7. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    not any stigma over homosexual connotations. I'm just curious, pretty well traveled but have never heard of the two being equated like that.
    Jul 4, 2019
  8. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    @Philosophus Vagus it was in Corpus Christi Texas around 2001 or so. Homophobic slurs were often directed at guys with long hair in my experience.
    Jul 5, 2019