RPG Maker Forums

BurningOrca
BurningOrca
At games where the main story is said to have about 50 hours of gameplay time, I usually take 80-90 hours and games said to have 30 hours of gameplay I still take 60-70 hours just for the main story. Then I always wonder how the game should be beaten in 30-50 hours?
Ryisunique
Ryisunique
Speed running.
Poryg
Poryg
Speedrunning would take way less than that. Maybe around 2-4 hours. The answer is, you spend too much time getting sidetracked.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
It's either getting sidetracked or just not being good at it. I tend to take a really long time with RPGs too, mostly because a lot of them are disorienting and I spend too much time getting lost.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Reading speed is a huge factor if the game is dialogue heavy. I've beaten some games in 7 hours where the game claims 15 hours of playtime, just because I read about 2x as fast as the average gamer.

Other factors can be long animations and did you turn then off (if allowed)? Or did you turn off voices and just read the text? Most of us can read faster than we hear.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
It's good it takes you longer. You stop to take in the sites. You get more out of it then other people who finish it quicker. Your money goes further as well.
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
@bgillisp Or you didn't read all the text. When I played Final Fantasy IX I beat it in 60 hours whereas my brother finished in at the 30 hour mark because he skipped through most of the dialogue.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O-NegativeMess