RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
It depends WHICH indie game. For an rpg maker game? 0.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Depends. I've seen some release the code for free but usually that is because they've aborted the project and just posted it hoping someone will finish it or use it for something.
CleanWater
CleanWater
And from other engines @Poryg?

@bgillisp, I'm planning to let it available as reference for those interested in learning.
Poryg
Poryg
Ren.py 0. Pygame 0. Unity 0. Unreal engine 0. Godot 0. I'd definitely be interested in games made in custom engines, because it's much faster than having to decipher the decompiled code.
Poryg
Poryg
There are two problems with rpg maker games:
1. I can turn most of them into a project
2. It looks like it's illegal to sell or otherwise distribute the source code of the game apart from its intended use.
Poryg
Poryg
Or wait, I misread that... Need to read it again :D
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Poryg : Some like to look at unencrypted projects to see how they did things. But you have to use assets that don't require encryption if you did that, which pretty much limits you to the RTP or free to use assets.
Poryg
Poryg
@bgillisp This is not the problem. The problem is whether it's legal to distribute the game with the purpose of others being able to open the source code. If I take a look at VXAce EULA, I'm not exactly sure.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Well the internal scripts are viewable if you have the engine, and that is always doable unless encrypted. And we do allow unencrypted projects. The issue would be if they posted the hidden classes and such.
Poryg
Poryg
Ooh, I see. Nevermind then :D
Wavelength
Wavelength
Probably not enough to make it worth the creator's while. I feel like it wouldn't be worth paying for it AND LEARNING IT unless I were to use a massive part of it to turn into a full commercial game of my own, and very few people are going to be able to do that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Aba, aba chgb rtb fhz.
Ubp rfg hahz qr snohyvf srpv, cbfg bzarf.
Rtb vhfghf ibyb hg ivtvyb ubp hahz rk yhqb.
Qbarp fvathyvf yhqvb yhqvhf cbgrfg, aba zntvf.

Streaming Anterograde Fantasy, a new game I'm working on
oxxy.png

lospec link for zooming
I'm keeping the sprite as is for now and going to focus on some forest-village tilessets. After all, she does need a place to live :D
Working on some A4 Interior walls in my own style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traskmonster