Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    The most amazing thing on it is not like he'd push it onto myself as if "I'll do each and everything", he just initiated the sequence of "negotiations" and sent me updates every couple of days. Sometimes I even have to remind myself of all the evidence that it is a scam to make sure I don't believe him.
    Jul 20, 2019
    MMMm and Elliott404 like this.
  2. MMMm
    MMMm
    What was he trying to scam you with?
    Jul 21, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    37.8 million usd funds from a somewhere from Benin if I remember correctly. Scammers use unreasonably large sums of money to do their scams. Not even sure how the people fall for it.
    Jul 21, 2019
    MMMm likes this.
  4. MMMm
    MMMm
    Guess the guy thought he could get you.

They like to use massive sums and play up their desperation in an attempt to get people to think they're the ones getting a better deal and they love to appeal to sympathy.

Like those ones where they claim that if you help them smuggle 20 million out of their country that their evil government is trying to seize illegally after his wife died, he'll pay you 15 million.
    Jul 21, 2019
  5. MMMm
    MMMm
    There's people out there who get attached to the idea that this could be real and they desperately want to believe. They start to feel hope and become more and more sure of themselves as it goes on.

It's heart breaking especially when it happens to old people. $50,000+ sent to scammers.
    Jul 21, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I receive two scammer emails per week, so I always waste their time. I would bombard them using SMTP, but there's a problem that having my custom modem and IP would be too expensive.
    Jul 21, 2019
    MMMm likes this.