Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    Well, better than when I left a guild out of discomfort on Unison League- everyone began arguing and cussing at each other and even more so at me... That guild disbanded 3 days after I left.
    Jul 24, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    What was this guild ending joke?
    Jul 24, 2019
  3. phamtruong1992
    phamtruong1992
    What was the joke? I'm curious.
    Jul 24, 2019
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The joke was stupid. Someone was calling someone else a "dork" in chat, and the person corrected them by saying "Dork, capital D". I said, "Don't tell me you want the D". Just engaging in slight word play. It spiraled into someone telling me the joke me made them uncomfortable and when I was quiet about it, telling me to "go to RP with that crap".
    Jul 24, 2019
  5. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Then... two of the mods of the guild dogpiled me after I told the person I meant no offense and wasn't roleplaying, I was just making a "dad joke". The two mods called me "not a decent human being" for saying it... and I essentially got bullied by all three of them as I tried to explain myself and eventually fight back.
    Jul 24, 2019
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    What followed was essentially an hour of trying to defend myself, and being told by no less than two mods, one admin, and two other members of the guild that I was in the wrong and was a terrible person and I was the one who needed to shut up.
    Jul 24, 2019
  7. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    A different admin... sent me a PM 20 minutes into my despondent silence and lack of will to play the game anymore telling me that I didn't do anything wrong and he was looking into it. An hour and a half later, the original three members left the guild in a hissy fit because the OWNER of the guild (this is a large guild, with three chapters, because two of them are maxed out) told them they can't bully members.
    Jul 24, 2019
  8. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Turns out, the three members decided it was a good idea to call the owner names in public, and generally act like spoiled children. There was a large public guild discussion about it afterwards and like 15 more people decided to leave with those three, 'cause they were all friends together. One of which was actually someone I'd been hanging out with and regularly chatting with.
    Jul 24, 2019
  9. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    We ended up losing like 5 mods, 2 admin, and like 8 or 9 actual players over a joke I made.
    Jul 24, 2019
  10. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Basically, the three initial people had joined "as a clique" and the person who had said they were "uncomfortable" with the joke, had been someone who had been routinely going out of their way to bully me to begin with. Constantly starting drama with me and putting me down. Not sure why. I had been just ignoring him. But, I guess his whole group didn't like me or something?
    Jul 24, 2019
  11. Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    You seem to be a too nice person, trying to explain and defend. :)
    I would have left after the "not a decent human being" insult, with some nice farewell words. It seem they are backstabbing cowards, be happy they revealed their ugly self to you, so you dont need to waste anymore time with them. Search people who are nice and understand jokes.^^
    Jul 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  12. phamtruong1992
    phamtruong1992
    Lmao, online games, nothing is impossible there. There are just terrible and awful people like that, i've met them all the time. Thanks for spending your time and telling me your story, it's fun reading it. And i hope get over it soon, dont bother with those jack@sses, find a new nice guild where there are no carebears and bullies. Cheers!
    Jul 24, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  13. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I don't know about "too nice". I'm a fairly abrasive person sometimes. I just try to be tolerant of other people and their opinions. I try to understand points of view and criticisms. Especially of me. I'm just patient. I prefer to just "leave" a discussion when I see it has become "too heated". Or, when I notice myself getting too angry.
    Jul 25, 2019
    phamtruong1992 likes this.
  14. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I'm honestly just happy that the owner of the Guild sent me some messages of encouragement today and tried to cheer me up. I'm also happy that some of the other members stuck up for me, when they really didn't need to at all. Doesn't stop me from feeling a bit bad for doing something that caused us to lose so many members though.
    Jul 25, 2019
  15. phamtruong1992
    phamtruong1992
    Don't feel bad. If you ask me, i'll honestly answer that the problem was them. They wanted it. Soon or later they will find reasons to cause trouble to you or other ppl that they don't like. And thing'd still happen this way. I'm also glad that the guild owner is actually a good guy and thoughtful enough to decide it that way.
    Jul 25, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  16. phamtruong1992
    phamtruong1992
    He's a tresure, keep him happy. But do not blow him okay? He ain't need more D for his trouble, lol. (Had to comment 2 times cuz its lengthy god dayum it)
    Jul 25, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  17. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Ha ha, thanks man. Much appreciated.
    Jul 25, 2019
    phamtruong1992 likes this.