RPG Maker Forums

Windows i7
Windows i7
Unless that ending is something silly, and not meant to be part of the actual story anyway. I don't mind it when silly things are stuck in as easter eggs.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Ok, that I don't mind. But what I'm referring to is hiding the true ending behind am obscure action that you'd never know to take without someone telling you online.
standardplayer
standardplayer
Testify. I'm tired of games that require research to complete. When I was a kid, games could be really challenging but you'd eventually figure it out yourself. Nowadays you're almost expected to go online to find answers.
Sleepy Kitten Games
Sleepy Kitten Games
Yeah, if it's a goofy/non-canon ending then I'd say it's fair game to make it hidden. But if it's supposed to be an actual ending - and especially if it's supposed to be the true ending - there have to at least be some in-game hints of "hey if you don't do this you won't get the true ending".
Sleepy Kitten Games
Sleepy Kitten Games
And not all at the end, like characters going "by the way if you didn't do x y z in the first couple chapters then you're not getting the good ending", there's gotta be some hints throughout.
I'd argue it doesn't have to explicitly be the game outright saying "this will affect the ending you get" (personally that'd pull me out of a game), but maybe have a party member (or the main character or NPCs, if there isn't
Sleepy Kitten Games
Sleepy Kitten Games
a party) make some remarks that imply that the action is important.
Wavelength
Wavelength
For some reason, a lot of gamers seem to love this! But I'm with you, brother. I absolutely hate it when I found out that my intentions didn't matter because there was something specific and obscure I needed to do to get the "true" ending.
The Stranger
The Stranger
You talking about Middle-Earth: Shadow of War? The only way to get the actual ending is to grind through tedious siege\fortress battles. You didn't even get credits if you didn't do this nonsense. Game should've ended after fighting the final boss, Sauron, and retaking the city with your undead army, but it didn't.
bgillisp
bgillisp
@The Stranger : Actually this was in reference to Fell Seal. The good ending to that game requires you to steal something from the final boss, and there's nothing in game that suggests that.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Though I do remember playing a Castlevania game that in order to get the good ending you had to equip certain items before the final fight, again with nothing in game suggesting it.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Oh, you mean like Super Ghouls and Ghosts in which the only way to get the "good ending" and not get sent back to the start was to obtain a bracelet the princess had dropped and use it to defeat the Demon Lord? A bracelet that is difficult to find and never mentioned, except at the end where the Princess tells you she lost it and go get it? A bracelet you can't really find without a guide?
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Tai_MT : See that's when I just quit a game and never go back to it myself.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I stuck with it and beat it again. But, I went and looked up how to get the freakin' bracelet. It was rough getting good enough at the game to beat it, but once I was, a second run was much faster. Just had to figure out how to get the stupid bracelet and use it to kill the boss (it's the worst weapon in the entire game, practically useless) most efficiently.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heracrim