Comments on Profile Post by PaladinJessa

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I sometimes bang my head at this too. Especially when I am supposed to go to the night shift the next day.
    Aug 4, 2019
  2. gstv87
    gstv87
    staying up all night is inherent part of being alive.
    the problem comes when staying up all night doesn't yield any satisfaction....... like, in a few years, when you'd spend it going back and forth to the bathroom to pee. :/
    Aug 4, 2019
  3. Davekron
    Davekron
    And which games you played? :D
    Aug 4, 2019
  4. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    @Davekron Monster Hunter World! Im trying to do all the ATEDs before Iceborne, but AT Lunastra proves elusive.
    Aug 5, 2019
  5. Davekron
    Davekron
    Ah! I've heard about that game, however, I'm not familiar with it :)
    Aug 5, 2019
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    That was me roughly 10 years ago, nowdays I'm lucky if I can get 1 spare hour to play anything, lol.
    Aug 5, 2019
  7. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    is it just me, or is everyone playing that game these days?
    Aug 5, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    Count me out.
    Aug 5, 2019
  9. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Honestly, I'd love to see a Monster Hunter game where you can protect monsters from poachers and maybe even fight alongside monsters. (There is a Pokemon like spinoff, but I mean in the main games.)
    Aug 6, 2019
  10. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    it always astounds me that people will go out of their way to declare their dislike for something someone else likes as opposed to just, idk, ignoring it.
    Aug 6, 2019
  11. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Who did that?
    Aug 7, 2019
  12. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    @Benny Jackdaw Poryg did, with the "count me out" comment. Though you did kind of make out like you dislike MHW and wish it was a totally different game in which you did not hunt monsters. Like going into a ice creamery and saying "boy this would be great if they didnt serve ice cream"
    Aug 7, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    Don't put words in my mouth :p I never said I hated it, I merely said I did not play it. I don't really care about the game.
    Aug 7, 2019
  14. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Didn't put words in your mouth. Literally parroted what you said, which was "count me out"
    Essentially I'm saying "if you don't care about something, then act like you don't care, and ignore it." because saying you don't care about it contributes nothing.
    Aug 7, 2019
  15. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    If you wanted to be included, you could bring something else to the conversation that was semi-related. Maybe bring up a game that you've been grinding on, or share a similar experience, rather than take a neutral or negative stance on another persons interest. Sorry, if Im sounding rude, Im not trying to be.
    Aug 7, 2019
  16. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    It's true that I don't particularly care for the franchise, but I don't see how stating a wish was outright slamming the game, just stating something that I'd like to see.
    Aug 7, 2019
  17. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    You're not slamming it, again, my comment was towards Poryg's "count me out". My second statement is that I don't understand why you would want something from a franchise you aren't interested in. Wishing for a game like that I understand, right? but the part about it being a main-line monster hunter game in which you don't hunt monsters is what makes no sense.
    Aug 7, 2019
  18. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    Who said I was asking for hunting out entirely. That being said, I hear the game is supposed to bbe "deep Fantasy version of nature" but it really seems more like modern man's idea of nature with fluff. Never are monsters seen as anything more than villains or objects. Even if I don't play the games, seeing things like fighting poachers and tameable monsters would give them real depth IMO, and would be cool to see.
    Aug 7, 2019
  19. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    The monsters are the focus, not the hunters. The entire reason the research-commission is there is to study the monsters so they can understand their world better. The monsters are never portrayed in a negative light, with maybe the exception of the Deviljho which is an invasive species that will eat other creatures to extinction.
    Aug 7, 2019
  20. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    And in the Witcher Crossover event you even fight a Leshen (human-like tree monster) because it's killing the local wildlife (poor Pukei Pukei) and a Pukei Pukei that you rescue fights alongside you in that mission. Which is about as close as you can get to what you've suggested.
    Aug 7, 2019
  21. Poryg
    Poryg
    You did not parrot what I said. The words? Yes. But what about the context?
    Since the preceding question was "Is it just me or is everyone playing the game these days?", saying "Count me out" is not unrelated. It simply states that I don't play it, perhaps with the intentions of finding out who else doesn't. And then you go saying I shouldn't say I hate the game. That was out of place.
    Aug 7, 2019
  22. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Well that's just it, isn't it? The context really does change it. If you're talking to Benny's comment and not to me (which I couldn't know that, as there was no @) then youre right, it doesn't come off negative. But if in response to me, it does. I'm sorry I misunderstood, but please understand.
    Aug 7, 2019
  23. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    ...do you have to kill the Pukei Pukei afterwards? that scenario just sounds so out of place for Wytcher 3.
    Aug 7, 2019
  24. Poryg
    Poryg
    In general if you don't use @, you either answer the OP (and not its subsequent comments), the latest user or you're in a convo with someone. I had already answered the OP and we were not in the convo, plus conceptually the comment doesn't make sense with any other one.
    Aug 7, 2019
  25. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    @Benny Jackdaw you do not, the Pukei Pukei actually brings you a valuable item for saving it if you keep it alive for the whole fight.
    Aug 7, 2019
  26. Poryg
    Poryg
    Anyway, just to clarify it publicly, it was contextually tied to Benny's comment. Even if Monster hunters may be played by a lot, I think the playerbase is still too low to justify saying "everyone". For example, WoW has a playerbase of millions.
    Aug 7, 2019
  27. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    @Poryg actually MHW just celebrated it's 13 millionth unit sold. So there are millions of MHW players. And that's just World, not counting MH Online, MHGU on switch, etc
    Aug 7, 2019
  28. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    But it is true that not everyone plays online, or still plays for that matter. Online players are more like... 23,000 a day according to steam
    Aug 7, 2019
  29. Poryg
    Poryg
    Welp, I see. Good to know :D
    Aug 7, 2019
  30. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    and apparently PC has the least players. Majority are on PS4
    Aug 7, 2019
  31. Poryg
    Poryg
    No wonder, it's expensive.
    Aug 7, 2019
  32. Poryg
    Poryg
    PC players are getting fed up with ridiculous price politics of Activision and they're less prone to supporting it. It's also harder to notice the game due to the sheer number of games published on Steam every day.
    Aug 7, 2019
  33. Poryg
    Poryg
    *and they're less prone to supporting it in other games/companies too
    Aug 7, 2019
  34. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Activision? MHW is Capcom... and wouldnt PC be cheaper since you don't have to pay a subscription to PS+ or Xbox Live?
    Aug 7, 2019
  35. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, multiple points to mention.
    - Cheaper does not mean a bargain
    - PC has sales, so many play the waiting game.
    Aug 7, 2019
  36. Poryg
    Poryg
    Also, Steam is flooded with games nowadays and since the Valve's ban lift on R18 games there's been an influx of them on Steam. Which takes away a bit of audience too.
    Aug 7, 2019
  37. Poryg
    Poryg
    And last but not least, Monster hunter was released in January 26th 2018. On PC it was released in August 9th 2018. It needs some time before the sales catch up.
    Aug 7, 2019
  38. Poryg
    Poryg
    *Monster hunter world.
    Aug 7, 2019
  39. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    13 alerts for the same thing...
    Aug 7, 2019
    Davekron likes this.
  40. Poryg
    Poryg
    That's nothing against the 150+ I had one day :D
    Aug 7, 2019
  41. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    So a Witcher 3 crossover has more color and compassion for life outside humans than the entire Witcher 3 game itself? That's why it seems out of place for me since Witcher 3 isn't known for having stuff like that.
    Aug 7, 2019