Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Ami
    Ami
    not just inn for recovering,there are restaurant,bar or cafe (majority 1st floor) to eat the food will recovery also buff stats.
    Aug 7, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  2. Ami
    Ami
    or onsen to recovery and release bad status
    Aug 7, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Because it is an uninteresting concept. @Ami's ideas make inns more interesting, though.
    Aug 7, 2019
    Ami likes this.
  4. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    In my (wip) game, inn's are combined with pubs/social spaces, and it's where heroes and travellers meet up at a day's end to drink and share tales. So it serves as a central hub of gathering information and rumors from around the world for the player.
    Aug 7, 2019
    mishakoc, The Stranger and Ami like this.
  5. Ami
    Ami
    Aug 7, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. SOC
    SOC
    I like inns. It provides a mental break and "safe space" for players to know this is their next hub, particularly if the surrounding enemies are difficult and you need to level some.
    Aug 8, 2019
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Inns are meant for immersion, but the fact that what they do is "Do you want to stay here for x gold? Y/N" *recover health* is completely break immersion. It feels game-y, why not just adds random crystal for recovery?

If the inn provides extra interaction than just being a recovery point, that's probably better.
    Aug 8, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  8. Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    In a wip game I used an inn similar to what Galenmereth suggests but my structure is a bit different. You go to the inn at the end of your current adventure and spend your money their on doing things that ultimately open up new adventure options or reveal character development for your heroes. Resetting stats is just implied. Hope that helps.
    Aug 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    there*, I miss edit... also, examples are spending gold on a drinking game where at the end of it, while drunk, one of heroes reveals how they lost their eye in duel but lost much more... their honor & their love. Another one might be getting the local bard to play a favorite bar song or you tip the traveling dancers to dance with their friends. These can lead to character moments.
    Aug 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah, too much needless stuff for just a simple mechanic of restoring all HP and MP. I just get round that by making a shrine or health station players can interact with. Takes them only 5 seconds to recover everything and move on rather than a whole minute. It's more enjoyable if you want to get it done with and move on to more interesting aspects of the game.
    Aug 8, 2019
    TheoAllen likes this.