Comments on Profile Post by watermark

1. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Yeah... I'm mostly into the art itself now. I have a hard time with the stories because I know basically everything that's going to happen.
    Aug 12, 2019
    Romanticist and watermark like this.
  2. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I’ve been watching less and less anime as well for the past years, though that blame goes to superhero TV shows. Trying to keep up with those cut back a lot of my free time. Recently my interest in those have been waning as well, as I’ve been watching more (AEW) wrestling again. All that just to say, I’m still a geek, just about different things now :p
    Aug 12, 2019
    watermark likes this.
  3. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I used to think I won't ever "grow out" of watching anime and playing games. Nowadays I also consider it a waste of time and am no longer much interested. I switched to making games (or attempting to make them). Makes me feel more productive but it's still pretty geeky. You'll be fine.
    Aug 12, 2019
    watermark likes this.
  4. Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    I swapped to manga. Once a year I will find something to watch and binge the heck out of it... then forget I have a crunchyroll account for another year lol I feel you.
    Aug 13, 2019
    watermark likes this.
  5. Dalph
    Dalph
    I prefer movies and tv-shows, I'm impatiently waiting for the new tv series about Loki.
    Aug 13, 2019
    slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  6. watermark
    watermark
    Yeah. A bit sad I am no longer attracted to the cutsyness and shallow romance formulas that I used to adore. Means I'm getting old. Recently, I finally saw Sword Art Online. I realized I would've LOVED this years earlier. But now, I just couldn't get into it at all and couldn't help yawning. Maybe like Mozart said, I can already guess most of what's gonna happen next.
    Aug 13, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.
  7. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    That's exactly what's happened to me about a year ago (or maybe even longer). As another user mentioned, I also still love the artstyle but I can't get into any of the stories (or lack thereof; I'm talking about slice of life). It doesn't help that I hate most of the comedy in anime, and sadly most anime have stupid shounen or moe comedy.
    Aug 13, 2019
  8. Romanticist
    Romanticist
    My favorite kind of anime are those with intense epic stories that make me philosophize or question things, along with beautiful romances. Of course, there's not a lot of those lol. Most are just mediocre, and yet the anime community eats them up season after season.
    Aug 13, 2019
    Traveling Bard likes this.
  9. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    The comedy is often kind of stupid, to be honest. Especially tsunderes.
    Aug 13, 2019
    Romanticist likes this.