Comments on Profile Post by PaladinJessa

1. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Well in most fantasy races that combo can't reproduce with each other (the Dwarf especially) so that's probably why.
    Aug 16, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The real question is why can so many non-humans reproduce with humans? And who walks around calling themselves half of something? Would people really hold that up as a major description of themselves?
    Aug 16, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Then again, I've never been a fan of some of the tropes found in someRPGs and fantasy settings. Inherently good and bad races, most things being able to have babies with humans but not each other, half-people being treated as their own race for some reason, and a whole bunch of other things.
    Aug 16, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  4. Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    You need to quote that or something!

I never liked the idea of half-races or whatever. because they usually end up being ostracized by one or the other (or both, if you're REALLY unlucky!) for not being "pure" like the races they came from...Also not a fan of races who are just pretty much humans with an animal/monster face and/or features.
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  5. Darkanine
    Darkanine
    Wasn't Gilgamesh in Sumerian mythology 33% God?
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    You've really never seen any? Where the protagonist is like three-quarter mermaid, half-human, and half-house elf (among other things)? I wish I was joking. Also, I agree with everyone, orcs and dwarves probably have way too different physiology to reproduce. Like cats and dogs.
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I don't really get why other races seem to only reproduce with humans either. Or why do they even find them attractive - like dragons? They are not even mammals, why would they be interested in princesses?
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Darkanine Wasn't his mother a full goddess? That'd make him a half-god\demigod. Not really sure how divine ancestry was worked out in Mesopotamia though.
    Aug 17, 2019
  9. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It is odd, which is why in my game elves, fairies and humans can all reproduce with each other. Though the result has to be 50% or more fairy to get the wings, otherwise they are just shorter and lighter than the norm for their race.
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc Yeah! Wouldn't they all have very different standards for beauty, and things they'd commonly find attractive? It's even more strange when you consider that they're entirely different species. It's like having babies with your pet dog.
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  11. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    @The Stranger It probably shows how hard it is for people to think objectively and imagine themselves in someone else's shoes. Personally, I have several fantasy races that are kind of humanoid on the outside but they can't have kids because their organ structures are different.
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Concerning attraction, it depends. For example, some humans are attracted to merfolk (because humans are for some reason attracted to everything that resembles a human) but mermaids and mermen are not attracted to humans (because they don't have uh... scales).
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc Have you ever watched the Futurama episode where Fry falls in love with a mermaid? He thought he could have normal sex with her, only discover that she expected him to do it how fish do it. lol. Wasn't too happy with the idea of external fertilisation. xD
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  14. mishakoc
  15. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc LOL! That reminds me of the reverse merman from an episode of Family Guy; it had the lower half of a man, but the top half of a fish.
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  16. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Aug 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  17. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Looks like someone grafted a Ken doll and a fish tail together. xD Aspiring mad scientist inspired by Dr Frankenstein would by my first guess.
    Aug 17, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.