Comments on Profile Post by PaladinJessa

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Pros: Dependent and reliable, when it matters; Experienced, not naïve; Has made himself a name.
    Cons: Likes to lie a lot; Arrogant.
    Aug 18, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Pros: Young, but very bright for his age;
    Small size, which is a benefit to him as a stealth user;
    Likes music, friendly companion
    Cons:
    Doesn't like to listen
    Likes to sneak around pretty women
    Aug 18, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    *doesn't like to listen to orders >.<
    Aug 18, 2019
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    Pros: She looks like a weak girl, but can be really intimidating;
    Very knowledgeable in potions and destruction spells;
    Is adventurous and not afraid of risks/danger
    Cons: Does not do dirty work including any sort of cleaning;
    Is forgetful over "unimportant things"
    Aug 18, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Pros: She's educated all-round, not just in medicine;
    She is passionate and dilligent, failure is not an option for her;
    She is capable of handling huge workloads under stress
    Cons: No talent for combat, requires protection;
    Thanks to ranting all the time she can be really annoying
    Aug 18, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm not sharing their exact bios to prevent theft :}
    Aug 18, 2019
  7. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Well I didnt mean do it here... thats a lot of stuff. Its not bad though. Good job!
    Aug 18, 2019
  8. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    That's always been one of my flaws. My characters' flaws are just too likeable ;) (think about it) (Also, now the word 'flaw' doesn't sound like a real word. I hate when this happens.)
    Aug 18, 2019
  9. Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    <<< This red purple dude (not me, the character)
    Pros : The main protagonist; Like to joke around; Scumbag;
    Cons : Like to joke around; Scumbag;
    Aug 18, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, if there's something I'm gifted in, it's definitely writing. I can generate stories, backstories and lore pretty much on demand. In fact my storywriting was so good that I've lost friends to addiction to them >.<
    Aug 18, 2019
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Poryg Most of what you listed for those characters are not character\personality traits. Not being good at fighting isn't really a character flaw, just as looking weak but being intimidating isn't really a merit.
    Aug 18, 2019
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The flaws and merits are usually the reasoning behind these things. Why is the first character an arrogant liar? Lying is usually the result of being insecure or fearful; it's trying to obfuscate the truth. The true flaw would be why this character lies.
    Aug 18, 2019
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    As far as I know, they were not specified to be character or personality traits, so I took them as that. The reason for that is, many character traits need more elaboration than simple listing.
    Aug 18, 2019
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    True, but you can often summarise a trait without going into detail. I still maintain that lying isn't a character trait, but something a character does because of their traits. Is the character insecure? Are they manipulative?
    Aug 18, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Neither of these. On his travels he has learned that a lot of times it's better if nobody knows the actual truth. Sometimes it's because the truth is painful or casts a bad shade. Sometimes it creates questions and requires an explanation. And sometimes when people know too much, they can turn it against you. So he will lie and fabricate to make sure you don't know what's the truth and what is not.
    Aug 18, 2019
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    'And sometimes when people know too much, they can turn it against you.' sounds very insecure to me. It's a very common reasoning used by those who don't trust others for one reason or another.
    Aug 18, 2019
  17. Poryg
    Poryg
    And that's exactly why that needs an elaboration. Because to you it sounds insecure. To me if it's a result of your past, it's experience. It can also be pragmatism depending on your surroundings. I don't trust a Czech, because whatever you say, however insignificant it is, will always spread around in one way or another. Usually not in a good way.
    Aug 18, 2019
  18. Poryg
    Poryg
    The case of this character is, he has travelled a lot and he will. He doesn't want to settle down until old age. But he has done some really shady stuff in past in order to both come to some money and to find information and doesn't want to bother with having to solve issues that come from someone who unnecessarily opened his mouth. Happened few times, always a hindrance for months to come.
    Aug 18, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  19. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    And that's insecurity. Negative past experiences have taught someone that others can't be trusted. Whether the individual believes it prudent or not doesn't make them any less insecure. Character flaws are often things we are unaware of. Arrogance, for example, is rarely seen as a bad thing to the one being arrogant. And insecurities tend to be justified by the insecure.
    Aug 18, 2019