Comments on Profile Post by Tanarex

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, it's not entirely impossible, you can ruin someone's birthday any number of times before it begins.
    Aug 19, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The idea that a birthday can be ruined in the first place makes me laugh. It's just the anniversary of your birth. Then again, these things might as well be alien concepts to me.
    Aug 19, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, people see it as a happy daym you know, just like Christmas Eve.
    Aug 19, 2019
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Christmas Eve is a fairly unimportant thing. To Christians it's probably the least important holiday (Easter being the most important), and to many others it's just the night before they get money and free gifts; gifts often chosen ahead of time by the recipient themselves. Though, I've always liked the idea of Christmas day bringing people together.
    Aug 19, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Actually, Christmas is very important. It is the 2nd most important day. Easter is the n°1, but Christmas is n°2. Nevertheless, Christmas not only connects... But also divides. It's been five years since I last really enjoyed my Christmas. And it's been 9 years since I wasn't deeply saddened by Christmas at least once. Last Christmas was especially brutal, being 7 days after a funeral.
    Aug 19, 2019
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I didn't say it wasn't important, but that it was fairly unimportant. In fact, many Christians don't celebrate it. Christmas, for me, is just a day on which society seems to stop working, and I'm unable to get on with my life and do the things I need or want to do because of it. There's no worth in it for me. It's just a day when most of the city feels dead.
    Aug 19, 2019
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh, and the entire winter month forces me to relive a very dark period of my life over and over again. Christmas just makes getting support in dealing with that nightmare much, much harder.
    Aug 19, 2019
  8. Dalph
    Dalph
    Holidays are just plain annoying, everything stops working during such days and it's very infuriating. Here in Italy we use every day/excuse on that Gregorian calendar to celebrate something and stop working.
    Aug 19, 2019
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  9. Tanarex
    Tanarex
    So...anyway back to me. So she asked if I wanted to celebrate my B-Day. I said, "Do I have to?" She tells me to hurry up and make a decision. So I told her pizza, cake, movies with my family the day b4. She then tells me she has a hair appointment that day and we'll have it on the weekend.
    Aug 20, 2019
  10. Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Finally, on Saturday, I show up with movies, popcorn, candy (like I told them) and I was got ambushed. It was like walking into Jurassic Park. Because I found myself surrounded by dinosaurs. A bunch of old women pushing between 60 years old to prehistoric. Turns out my mom wanted to celebrate both our B-Days together.
    Aug 20, 2019
  11. Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Mine on the 13th and hers on the 19. The only problem was it was neither of our B-Days. So after the pizza and cake, my brother and I hung out in her bedroom as she and her friends played some singing game. A couple of hours later they went home and we never saw the Redbox movies. Then we went home.
    Aug 20, 2019
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That sounds alright. You still got to spend time with your family. Sounds like your mum just tried to do too much.
    Aug 20, 2019
  13. Tanarex
    Tanarex
    Also, my brother never got me anything and the used ps4 game my mom got me didn't work.
    Sep 1, 2019