Comments on Profile Post by Ami

1. RavenBlueIndigo
    RavenBlueIndigo
    Define unuseful. Do you mean a rewardless building, or a building that has nothing in it? As for the second, abandoned/condemned buildings do exist in many areas.
    Aug 19, 2019
  2. Ami
    Ami
    I mean,some building are dont have any connection with game story.
    Aug 19, 2019
  3. Ami
    Ami
    in traditional rpg,there have weapons,armors shop,item shops,magic shops,and inns. other than that is enough to tell its town.
    Aug 19, 2019
  4. Ami
    Ami
    otherwise,unused building are used for event only. after that,done. but,is that really important every rpg?
    Aug 19, 2019
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Because a settlement can be more than a place for for the player to resupply. It all comes down to what kind of game the dev wants to make.
    Aug 19, 2019
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Then here comes some ppl who think "why there's no npc building, only shops, and inn. That ain't immersive"
    Aug 19, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Rather than complaints about the unused building, I'd complain about the useless mechanic. Like, why even bother with minigames, puzzle, or even defense in turn-based RPG.
    Aug 19, 2019
  8. Ami
    Ami
    that make sense...
    Aug 19, 2019
  9. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Most players like me like to burst into a person's house, rummage through their things and randomly talk to them. That is just how it is.
    Aug 19, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  10. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Yep, as was mentioned, it's not immersive. Personally, it really pisses me off seeing towns which only have the most "necessary" buildings. I don't know why I have such a strong reaction to this but I hate when the game shoves it into your face that it was only made for the player.

@TheoAllen Haha, you really hate puzzles and minigames, don't you?
    Aug 20, 2019
  11. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I'll never stop bitching about puzzles/minigames in RPG :D
    Aug 20, 2019
  12. Ami
    Ami
    @mishakoc,you right. and everyone are right,especially @TheoAllen. my maps arent immersive and...not so realistic because have too many npc but no npc building. well,someday when I make new project,I try to add them. thanks everyone
    Aug 20, 2019
  13. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Personally, if you only have the necessary building, might as well as turn it into another game. Why bother with the building when you can replace it with something simpler like just an NPC or even crystal. Then they have the same functionality (buy items, recover stat, saves, etc). Well nope, you made it as a building because it's RPG.
    Aug 20, 2019
  14. Ami
    Ami
    I know that,but i already make it and I cant revert it (because its my debut,so forgive me). next project,I try it as I can.
    Aug 20, 2019
  15. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I guess I've been way too harsh, please don't take what I said too seriously.
    While I'm the kind of person who uses mods like fur cloaks and long sleeves for Skyrim because I feel cold just looking at the characters, you'll find plenty of people who will use bikini armor mods just because they can and still enjoy it, even if it's not "immersive". Some people care, some don't.
    Aug 23, 2019
  16. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Pls, even Skyrim bandits are semi-naked and they didn't feel cold. Don't get too far by mentioning skimpy armor mod :p
    Aug 23, 2019