Aug 20, 2019
    Kristina likes this.
  4. Kristina
    Kristina
    True, didn't think of that! Thanks :)
    Aug 20, 2019
  5. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    From my experience, the more unique you want to make your game, the less likely are you to finish it. Or it might just be me. Still, I'd recommend not getting hung up on originality for your first project too much. It's much more important to learn how to work with the program first.
    Aug 20, 2019
    SmashArtist and Kristina like this.
  6. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Not sure if I was trying to give advice to you or subtly to myself :D. Just have fun with it.
    Aug 20, 2019
    Kristina likes this.
  7. Kristina
    Kristina
    That was also what I was thinking. I want to finish this game, so I've decided to just focus on that from now on :D
    I will take it as an advice, so thanks :D
    Aug 20, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  8. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Just finish a game first, then you can always remake it afterwards If you want or use what youve learned to make the next game a little more unique
    Aug 20, 2019
    Kristina and mishakoc like this.
  9. Kristina
    Kristina
    That's true, thanks :)
    Aug 21, 2019
  10. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I'm a bit torn on this. If this is your first month with RPG Maker - yeah, just worry about making something playable; it's the best way to learn. But if you're spending months on your first game, it's not a bad idea to indulge in ONE unique feature of moderate scope. It will help you sharpen your sense for design, and force you to figure out creative workarounds that will come in handy for your later games.
    Aug 22, 2019
    mishakoc and Kristina like this.
  11. Kristina
    Kristina
    It's not my first month. I used some time to learn the basics of RMMV before starting on my game.
    I've spent about two months on this game so far. I will spend the time I need on this game. I don't worry much about making in unique now, but to add things I find cool.
    This isn't only my first game, but also the game where I really figure out what RMMV can do. So I also spend a lot of time testing, which I don’t mind.
    Aug 22, 2019
    mishakoc and Wavelength like this.