RPG Maker Forums

samkfj
samkfj
The people under my command might as well be those yellow nightmares... I might actually get more done.
gstv87
gstv87
can we just agree on "BA! NA! NAAAAA!" ?
samkfj
samkfj
Gatdammit, boy...
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
Discussing politics is the best way to find new enemies.
Would never discuss it at work, only if its clear that the other thinks like me.
yamakoku
yamakoku
Your minions?
Gru...?
Is that you...?
The Stranger
The Stranger
If their new animosity will have an effect on their work, then you need to discipline them and restore order; you're their boss after all. Stupid politics. Nothing good ever comes of discussing it without an open mind. Just keep your political beliefs to yourself till you cast your votes.
samkfj
samkfj
Here's where it gets crazy... these two have been friends since they were kids. One got the other the job... and now they're both at each other's throats.

I'll see what it'll be like tomorrow, but yeah I agree. I hope they cool down by 1:59pm tomorrow afternoon.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Letting politics come between friends. lol. What a joke. The close bonds between individuals are far more important than that, in my opinion.
Reactions: samkfj
samkfj
samkfj
Exactly... but, unfortunately--the convictions of some outweigh the bonds they've forged.

Oh well... better them than me.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
My dad used to converse with this politician at the gym. They don't agree on things politically but Dad has been respectful of him. Then one day, something happened and the guy avoids my Dad. Guess he told him something that he Didn't want to hear.
samkfj
samkfj
It's crazy--it's like the adult equivalent of cooties. It's like the mentality is some people have them and others don't.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Have them soundly beaten into submission. You are the overlord of these minions after all. :p
Stapleton
Stapleton
Discussing politics is healthy because it teaches you how to accept other peoples opinions that you don't agree with. Banning political speech and keeping it taboo only serves to create a bunch of entitled kids.
If you cannot accept anothers opinion without flipping sh** than you lack self control.
samkfj
samkfj
I agree--the problem is once it devolves into ad hominems and physical threats it stops being a discussion.

That's kinda what happened... they flipped their shid way too early.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Discussing politics should be about that, @Stapleton, but it rarely is. it's usually just about tribalism and shouting at 'the enemy'. Healthy discussion is fantastic, but two people shouting at one another isn't.
samkfj
samkfj
Well it escalated. My team is now one member lighter and my boss has her eye on the other minion.

It's funny... Just this past weekend those two were off together catching fish. One day later, they're hated enemies. No, I take it back... It's not funny.
The Stranger
The Stranger
What happened?
samkfj
samkfj
Ol'boy got suspended pending investigation... but I've seen the videos... he's not coming back. Its gonna be considered workplace violence. He squared up against my other friend and rushed him twice in the parking lot. No hits but intimidation and fighting words were spoken.
The Stranger
The Stranger
What a fool. All that over a difference of opinion. This sort of ****e stains your character for a long time. If he seeks employment elsewhere, they'll want to know why he lost his job with you, and they'll find out it was because he gets extremely unstable and violent when others, including close friends, hold different beliefs.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278