Comments on Profile Post by Kristina

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, it's looking good. Only thing that looks off to me is that cliff on the right. WHat's going on there? It looks like one cliff is meant to be higher than the other, but then the lower one connects to the higher one in a really odd looking manner. Just looks really weird.
    Aug 24, 2019
    Kristina likes this.
  2. Kristina
    Kristina
    Aug 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, looks better now. Personally, I'd try to break up some of those straight cliff faces with more corners\curves. This sort of stuff comes with time and practice, though. Just keep playing around and having fun. :)
    Aug 24, 2019
  4. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Agree with @The Stranger, the cliff doesn't work. The shadow behind it looks off too.
    Are the cliffs man-made? If not, you may want to make them more varied, they are too straight right now.
    (Personally, I'd add more trees too to the sides of the map, so the player doesn't think they can walk there. Then again, I place trees everywhere.)
    Practice some more and in no time you'll be a pro.
    Aug 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Kristina
    Kristina
    Thanks and I'm taking your advice with me :D I'm still rather new at it, but I have at least improved :)
    Aug 24, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  6. Kristina
    Kristina
    Thanks, Mishakoc :) I have removed that one. The link it further up. I will add more trees, just need to figure out where they need to be and what else will be on the map :)

Thanks again :D
    Aug 24, 2019
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I remember watching an XP mapping tutorial years ago, in which the mapper said you want to avoid having three of the same tile in a row. So, a cliff face starts looking odd if it's three or more of the same tile in a row. You can break it up using cliff decals\details, or by changing its shape by adding in twists and turns. Man-made structures follow different rules, though.
    Aug 24, 2019
    mishakoc and Kristina like this.
  8. Kristina
    Kristina
    Thanks for the advice. It makes sense and I will try to do that later :)
    Aug 24, 2019
  9. xoferew
    xoferew
    Looks like a fun map to explore! ^_^
    Aug 24, 2019
    The Stranger and Kristina like this.
  10. Kristina
    Kristina
    Thank you, glad to hear that :D
    Aug 24, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.