Comments on Profile Post by mishakoc

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Love it! The art is also great. :)
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  2. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    If you like it, I have a lot of other pieces to recommend. Adrian von Ziegler, for example, produced a ton of gorgeous soundtracks which he even lets people use in their projects for free if they are not commercial! Guess whose tracks am I using for my game :D?
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Like this for example (and so many others):
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Nice! Take a look at this site and listen to some of the music on it: http://www.thedarkpiano.com/ It's frequently heard on creepypasta videos. The site owner, and composer of all the music on it, allows the use of his work for commercial purposes, asking only to be credited in return.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  5. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Oh, some of the music is really creepy! I love how (good) composers are able to set the mood with music, it's one of the things that makes games/movies unforgettable if used well.
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I love creepy and sad music. lol.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh, and I fully agree with you. Good sound and music direction\design is essential for any game and movie. A lot of RPG Maker devs neglect music and sound, especially sound, and just go with what sounds cool.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  9. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    My favorites are the ones that either is epic and can pump you up, or conversely can calm you down, haha.
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Music seems like something people don't even register consciously when watching movies/playing games, even if it's the easiest and default way to set the mood, I think.
    A lot of scenes would be so awkward without music - remember a scene - three people staring at each other for 5 minutes, just the camera changes. But since there was a soundtrack that made it mysterious/epic, it wasn't such bother watching it.
    Aug 25, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, music and sfxes often fall into that categorgy of things that you don't notice when it's done well, but which you notice if it's bad or missing entirely. Take footfall sounds, for example, it's not something you tend to praise or even notice in a game, but it's something people notice when a game doesn't have them.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    And, as you said, music can be, and often is, the main reason we feel certain emotions in a game or film. Music has a powerful effect on us. Music can make us feel things, or even recall old memories. Would your favourite emotional scene from a game be as powerful without the music and sound design? Probably not.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.