Comments on Profile Post by RouletteBunnie

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I used to constantly flip flop between different projects, but it ended with me not completing anything. I'd determine which project means the most to me and roll with that; depending on whether I was capable of pulling it off in a satisfactory manner, and had the proper resources, of course.
    Aug 25, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Perhaps you could merge both project ideas, if the concepts themselves are not that big. Often times we think an idea deserves its own game when it doesn't.
    Aug 25, 2019
  3. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    So as a dummy, I decided to make a MMORPG style game.. of course I choose a project that is SUPER big and because I am jumping around I haven't really made to much process... it gives me a headache and i feel discouraged sometimes.. ugh... I had a list and i didnt follow lol
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    making an MMO is a pretty daunting task. Not only do you need to make the game, you also have to find a way to allow people to play it online. I know nothing about MMO creation. Is your new project idea somewhat smaller? :p
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc and RouletteBunnie like this.
  5. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    yeah the mmo wont be online, I wanted to try but I don't think I can make VX online where people can join each other plus the fact it has to be a very big game with tons of quests leveling and grinding... and major events for people to do.. I probably set myself up for discouragement and not being able to complete it. UGH
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  6. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    Which is more achievable? which is your personal favorite, why would you want to switch? If it's just about being discouraged by the amount of work, maybe you can slim it down - a lot - and then add more features once you are satisfied with the result.
    Aug 25, 2019
  7. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    think in milestones but not only with the goal to have a playable version, but a version that could be released as it is, even if it only has a few features. so you could start with the ideas that are the most fun and make the core of the game.
    Aug 25, 2019
  8. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    I think I might have to just start from scratch again and FOLLOW my rules so I am not making myself have a headache. I had map making, item and weapon creating. ha ha like this list, IF i followed it would've made it less stressful and headache.. but nope cant follow my own rules ... ha ha It's like trying to parent myself and im declining the parenting lmfao
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc, The Stranger and Lemonrice like this.
  9. RouletteBunnie
    RouletteBunnie
    @Lemonrice Yeah, I have to many ideas & I did SO much research. I think I just threw to much in my own direction that I made myself not want to make the game & start a new one. I been playing a few MX games on my phone to get some cool Ideas as well the games are so simple & straightforward that maybe I need to like you said step back from some of the stuff and slowly add when satisfied.
    Aug 25, 2019
    mishakoc, The Stranger and Lemonrice like this.
  10. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    Doing some research is a must when developing a game, and also finding out which option is the best one for what you are trying to achieve. What is wrong is going for too many features that are not even needed (feature creep).
    Aug 26, 2019
    Lemonrice and The Stranger like this.
  11. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    To help you understanding what is good and what is not for your project I recommend reading "MDA, a Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research" by Hunicke, LeBlanc, Zubek, 2004.

It is a short essay (5 pages) that explains how to approach Game Design in the most efficient way. There are other documents, but I deem this one the most concise and informative, in short: it is a good starting point.
    Aug 26, 2019
  12. Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    Aug 26, 2019
    RouletteBunnie and The Stranger like this.