Comments on Profile Post by Kuro DCupu

1. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Ah. Yes. My comrades are clashing sword and shield, and here I am in the fray singing the stories of my homeland with my lyre in hand! I'M HELPING.
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger and mishakoc like this.
  2. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    What do you mean? They are obviously... boosting their comrade's morale! (Like a cheerleader.)
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    In reality, a bard, skald, or any other sort of poet or singer could also be a warrior. Their poems and songs would come into play after a fight. Warrior classes, such as knights and samurai, once prided themselves on learning how to write poetry, and other such things.
    Aug 27, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc Now all I can imagine is a highschool cheerleader performing one of those weird cheers, or whatever they call them, during a mass battle. xD
    Aug 27, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  5. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    @The Stranger You're right, since poetry and music were historically considered as a part of being noble and educated. I always imagined them as spellcasters in fantasy games, so a bard being a warrior is an interesting idea.
    We have a legend that certain warrior groups used to sing a morale-boosting song before a battle, their voices were so powerful their enemies fled in terror when they heard them from afar.
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    And you're welcome xD
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Have you ever heard of War Drums?
    Aug 27, 2019
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The musicians who accompanied armies into battle, flautists, drummers, etc, were also capable of fighting. Same goes for other strange military roles, such as standard bearers. I really like the idea of songs striking fear into foes. :)
    Aug 27, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  9. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Seems like people wanted to have cool soundtrack when fighting.
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm guessing the sound of a military drum would cause panic, too. Especially if you're fleeing, and you can constantly hear it; its sound letting you know that death is dogging your footsteps. War cries also serve a similar purpose, in that they cause fear and panic in foes, but also make you ready for battle; think it has something to do with adrenaline.
    Aug 27, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  11. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I know you're having a serious informative conversation, but I need to thank @TheoAllen for mentioning the war drums here. Now I have another several-hour soundtrack pieces added to my playlist, thanks. :)
    It sounds incredibly cool but I wouldn't want to suddenly hear them in real life. It would make you feel like prey.
    Aug 27, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. cabfe
    cabfe
    Before radios, orders were transmitted via short music pieces.
    And it helps the morale of the fighting soldiers, too.
    Aug 27, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.