Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    Oh... my exact same thoughts when I opened steam earlier xD
    Aug 28, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Or it's just shaky, irrelevant footage punctuated with black screens, SFXes, and ends with the title of the game. Game trailers are often too similar to movie trailers.
    Aug 29, 2019
  3. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Half the time, I don't watch the trailer. I just read the synopsis on here, 'cause otherwise, I'm going on graphics alone and most of the time, that's not a good thing.
    Aug 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. Lemonrice
    Lemonrice
    @The Stranger you mean they give away the most interesting scenes in advance and then make you sit through 120 underwhelming minutes, wondering why you didn't spend your money on a nice dinner instead?
    Aug 29, 2019
  5. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Trailers are just marketing tools. People "immune" to advertising (which are only a minority) would naturally dislike trailers and prefer gameplays because it shows off a lot more of the game.
    Aug 29, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'm only interested in gameplay footage, and it has to be a decent amount of it. I like it when I get to see the first hour or so.
    Aug 29, 2019
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    @HexMozart88 I don't trust description either. They often make it looks good while they're not.
    Aug 29, 2019
  8. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I mean, they are usually embellished, but at least they tell me what the heck the game is even about.
    Aug 29, 2019