Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Wow, you grew quickly!
    Aug 29, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, I'm surprised too. Let's defeat Yanfly! (jk, it's impossible ;_;)
    Aug 29, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  3. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Lol even if we team up (I think I've got like 132 subs), I don't think we'll reach YEP's level lol.
    Aug 29, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  4. gstv87
    gstv87
    ever heard of that saying "Teach a man how to fish..."?
    Yanfly sells fish.
    Aug 29, 2019
    mishakoc and Poryg like this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    @gstv87 Unfortunately most of the people are interested more in fish than in how to fish.
    Aug 29, 2019
    MushroomCake28 likes this.
  6. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Most people don't have the patience to learn to fish and to actually fish. Most people just want to get the fish right away.
    Aug 29, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  7. Bex
    Bex
    Give a Man a Fish and you feed him for a Day. Dont teach a Man how to fish and you feed yourself. He's a grown Man, fishing is not that hard. Quote by Ron Swanson
    Aug 29, 2019
  8. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    It might be a little bit sad but it's to be expected. It's unrealistic to think most people here are going to learn programming, plugin making, sprite/tileset/battleback/character drawing, music composition, professional writing etc. so they can make games in their own free time.
    Aug 29, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    @mishakoc Well, in past the situation used to be different. People actually used to discuss code on the forums. Nowadays people straight up ask for "Is there a plugin". So there has been a noticable change.
    Aug 29, 2019
  10. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    @Poryg I get what you mean. I'm always amazed by some of the plugin requests when it's something you can do using eventing or search for a script call.
    But I get that people are scared of coding. It's a foreign language. I'm similarly scared of music as they are of coding.
    Aug 29, 2019
  11. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    It's probably because RPG Maker's main pro is not needing to code. And most coders just gravitate towards other engines, I guess? Weren't there less game-making engines in the past?
    Aug 29, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    In terms of mainstream engines, Unity has been here for a long time. Game maker too. Construct. Unreal engine. RPG Maker. There just didn't use to be many plugins in RPF Maker, so people had to work for their game even if they did not want to.
    Aug 29, 2019