RPG Maker Forums

xoferew
xoferew
What stuff?
sleepy_sealion
sleepy_sealion
Just stuff in like knowing how to change battler sprites on a dime when I wanted too, knowing how to read notetags in ruby, and just mostly stuff from my Ace Engine that I can't recreate.
mylafter
mylafter
I feel that way too. Which is why I'm still using ACE. But I'm sure you'll get used to it. I'm only using ACE because I have so many scripts and resources for it. I also personally just like it a lot more. However, MV holds SO much potential.
Heirukichi
Heirukichi
MV and VX Ace use the same event system, which means that as long as you use event commands, everything is the same, but the two engines are fundamentally different. People often tend to forget that they should pick an engine based on their needs.
Heirukichi
Heirukichi
@mylafter MV holds more potential when it comes to porting the project to different platforms, that is undeniable, but VX Ace is still the best option when it comes to PC games (especially if you consider that WINE allows VX Ace games to run on different Operative Systems).
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
MV's biggest bonus is not needing to download the rtp with the game you want.
Heirukichi
Heirukichi
@FleshToDust that is something VX Ace allows you to do as well. It is a developer choice to include the RTP or not. In MV everything is packed in the same way as a VX Ace game with the RTP included. It makes the game heavier, but the game works as a standalone.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knightcard02