Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Ami
    Ami
    (clapping) next level: the witcher 2
    Sep 1, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    On hard difficulty too? Challenge accepted.
    Sep 1, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Ok, the graphics look awful.
    Sep 1, 2019
    Ryisunique likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    I think I might pass on this challenge in the end. 69 minutes of gameplay and I already think the game is dreadful.
    Sep 1, 2019
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yet to finish it on any difficulty. The Witcher 2, for me, was incredibly dull. Though, I did enjoy the detective stuff once you enter Vizima.
    Sep 1, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    I'm put off by TW2. It's a pinnacle of bad design choices and my inner perfectionist screams. TW1 was simple. You clearly saw where you were, what lies around you... In TW2 I have problems with orientation as well as finding lootable items. Foliage, high detail objects everywhere... Music sounds nice, but is completely unfitting to the scenes. And the transitions between music pieces is awful.
    Sep 1, 2019
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I enjoyed the second game. I really liked the branching paths. My biggest problem with all three WItcher games is the setting, I really don't think it's all that interesting.
    Sep 1, 2019
  8. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Oh, and I'm not a fan of Geralt at all. He's probably one of the most bland protagonists I've seen in a game.
    Sep 1, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    GUI in TW1 was simplistic and the items were kind of a pain to manage (10 per slot), but I could find what I needed easily and painlessly. The GUI in TW2 looks nice, but once again... The excrutiating details make it hard for me to orientate in it.
    Sep 1, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    I have to agree with you on Geralt being bland. Although I quite enjoyed him in the first game - he has some character there. And Czech dub is great - something that's completely missing in TW2 for the love of God.
    Sep 1, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Apparently, Geralt also appears in some works of fiction. I didn't believe it at first, so I did some searching, turns out it's true. God only knows how you could write stories about such a boring character. I guess I'mn just not the target audience. lol.
    Sep 1, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    All other witchers have been made to be emotionless beast killers. Geralt however was an experiment - they kept his emotions intact. So he is not really that bland in fiction. A lot is also done by the dub. In The witcher 1 he is not dull. He is actually quite humane and has ideals he's willing to uphold.
    Sep 1, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. Poryg
    Poryg
    And as I said earlier, the Czech dub helps. The English one of TW2 compared to Czech TW1 was another thing that turned me off. Bland and emotionless. Not just him... But all characters were kind of dull. As if the dubbers forgot to play with their voices (cannot blame them for it though, Slavs don't speak English very well in terms of accent).
    Sep 1, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Most of the characters in the games are boring. I guess it was done in an effort to make them 'realistic' and 'gritty'. As if real people are all work and no play, and are as dull as watching paint dry. Best scene in Witcher 3 was the one where the three witchers got drunk and ended up wearing dresses.
    Sep 1, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Hehe :D It's a pity there are not English subtitles, but I have found some video containing Czech dub in TW1.
    Sep 1, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.