Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    You mean the cooking?
    Sep 3, 2019
  2. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yep, the cooking. Not a fan... quite annoying. Though, so is the whole "upgrade your armor" stuff. Lots of arbitrary item requirements here...
    Sep 3, 2019
  3. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Is it your first time playing? It looks like a lot but getting the ingredients is relatively easy to find as you explore and just keep an eye out for any sparklies and unusual landmarks/spots. As for cooking just cook meats and throw some herbs in and you'll be good to go for health. Potions for effects just mix monster bits and plants.
    Sep 3, 2019
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah, first time playing. I have a ton of ingredients, but end up saving most of them for the armor upgrades. On top of which, the game doesn't tell me the "base stats" of any particular component, so I often don't know what I'm doing. Is one form of meat better than another? Game doesn't seem to think so. What about tiers on frogs, lizards, and bugs?
    Sep 3, 2019
  5. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    For meat, the only thing that changes is what dish it might make and the size of meat. Otherwise, you can use them in any combination you want. Like chicken and gourmet meat are essentially the same so don't worry about making anything specific. As for components, plants add effects like extra stamina and cold resistance.
    Sep 3, 2019
  6. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Same thing for the bugs, frogs, and lizards. They have different effects that are explained in their description for what effect they will give potions. Basically just use them for potions with the plants and herbs for potions that increase stamina or buffs. It's really all about experimenting and seeing what you come up with and what you think you can make from the stuff you find.
    Sep 3, 2019
  7. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The descriptions really don't explain anything. I have mushrooms that add resistance to cold, bugs that add resistance to cold, and fish that add resistance to cold.

It's obvious that some of this is meant to be "tiered" in some way, but how? Some adds more duration. Some adds a stronger effect.
    Sep 3, 2019
  8. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    In a system like this, I need some kind of indication of the base stats. Are bugs better than lizards? Are frogs better than fish? What adds more time versus what adds a stronger effect?

Experimentation is fine when you can easily control results. But, this is a mess. What is the effect of adding 1 ingredient versus 5 ingredients? Does it affect potency or time? Or both?
    Sep 3, 2019
  9. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Seriously, this is a convoluted mess with terrible descriptions. I'm tempted to just go get a guide for "best recipes for the effects you want". It's severely counter-intuitive.

Honestly, if I need to heal, I just find it easier to go complete a shrine. And easier to put on different armor for effects. This cooking system is pretty worthless.
    Sep 3, 2019
  10. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    They're mostly interchangeable. So if you cook the cold resistance fish with the cold resistance mushrooms, you're just making a dish that'll have double the cold resistance. As for bugs and such they don't go with the food they're used to make potions with the plants and monster parts. The difference between food and potions is that food focuses more on health and potions have longer lasting buffs.
    Sep 3, 2019
  11. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I went and grabbed a guide. Turns out, fish are the best things to cook with. Each ingredient adds a specific amount of time/points towards a buff. You can't get the level 2 or level 3 versions of things unless you add enough ingredients to get the "points" to do it.
    Sep 3, 2019
  12. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    For example, if you want a level 2 "Sneak" buff, you need to get 6 points of "Sneak" into the dish. The easiest way is with two "Silent Princess" flowers. You can also use 3 "Silent Shrooms" or 3 "Stealthfin Trout". Anything else only adds a single point. You'll never get to Level 2 "sneak" buff without one of those 3 ingredients.
    Sep 3, 2019
  13. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Likewise, the longest you can get without a "critical success" or "monster extract" is about a 10 minute buff. Though, you can also craft during a "Blood Moon" for a 100% chance on a "Critical Success".

Man this guide means that 90% of all harvestables are worthless.
    Sep 3, 2019