Comments on Profile Post by TheoAllen

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    No way. You're not supposed to not be able to improve on dev's mistakes in the vanilla game and be able to play the game the way you want to.
    Sep 3, 2019
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Umm, there are one "not" too many. So much for my sarcastic comment. :D
    Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Designing a game to be moddable is work itself. The idea that a dev is lazy for taking extra consideration and effort to accommodate modders is faulty logic at best.
    Sep 3, 2019
  4. Milennin
    Milennin
    Developers are lazy if player-made mods are required to patch up significant bugs and glitches, or turn bare-bones default features into something actually engaging.
    Sep 3, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    #MasterOfOrion3
    Sep 3, 2019
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    The bare-bones are usually intended so that you can turn it into something else. Besides, "something practical and engaging" is subjective. I can agree about bugs.
    Sep 3, 2019
  7. Milennin
    Milennin
    Bare-bones features that are supposedly intended is an excuse to let developers get off the hook for not putting in the effort to make it something engaging. The inclusion of mods should never be an excuse to not put effort into a feature.
    Sep 3, 2019
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I'd argue the bare-bones features are essential for moddable game and it does not always need to be engaging on its own. It is not an excuse, it's a decision.
    Sep 3, 2019
  9. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    I think having a game being able to be modded is great Unless there is a strong sense of 'missing' things in the base game itself.
    Sep 3, 2019