Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    It wasn't a complex process by any means. But being asked in a style "Are you sure?" "Are you really sure?" is not what I'd consider no shenanigans.
    Sep 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Hate it when anything or anyone asks me if I'm sure I want to do something more than once. Unsubbing from a site or mailing list should come with a single confirmation, and that's it. I shouldn't be asked multiple times if I'm sure I want to unsub, or need to give a reason for unsubbing.
    Sep 8, 2019
  3. Dalph
    Dalph
    HB slowly became trash since when IGN took over 2 years ago, the quality just isn't there anymore for regular bundles. One day even monthly bundles will be crap, we are slowly but surely getting there as well.
    Sep 8, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Dalph LOL! I had no idea that IGN owns HB. The game reviewers are now selling the game they review. xD
    Sep 8, 2019
  5. Windows i7
    Windows i7
    I unsubbed as well. The last few months have been games I'm not at all interested in, fewer AAA titles and the fact that HB isn't what it used to be is what made me leave.
    Sep 8, 2019
  6. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    Isn't it still a lot of games for a low price though?
    Sep 8, 2019
  7. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I can tolerate that kind of mini-schenanigan, in this age where most subscription sites don't even give you a link to unsubscribe, and if you search for it in their "Help" you find out that you have to call up or send an email; you can't just confirm that yes you want to unsubscribe.
    Sep 8, 2019
  8. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    They might just keep right on charging you too, they did that to Drifty a few months ago.
    Sep 8, 2019
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    It caused an uproar when IGN took over. And it did get worse too. The month after they took over, they put TES online into the bundle and people went crazy. But that's not my main reason. My main reason is having already more than 800 games.
    Sep 8, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Wavelength Considering the fact that it was not a newsletter subscription, but a monetary subscription, this would be extremely illegal.
    Sep 8, 2019
  11. Poryg
    Poryg
    @Tea's Jams Thank you for this info. I'm going to do some shenanigans myself so it doesn't happen :D
    Sep 8, 2019
  12. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @Poryg In the US it's totally legal! :( A lot of subscription services I've signed up for do it like that (some even warn you that you need to email them a few days before the payment processes, in order to give THEM the time to cancel your sub!). Ridiculous, right? I think even Apple Music works like that.
    Sep 8, 2019
  13. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, it's not illegal to demand a customer\subscriber call a hotline to cancel their subscription. The harder\more inconvenient it is for the customer to cancel their sub, the less likely they are to do it. It's scummy, but not unlawful.
    Sep 8, 2019
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I also hate it when you have to pay to just end a contract, even though the contract has already reached its end, and the company has chosen to continue said contract without your say so. Had this problem with T-Mobile. Had to pay £30 to end my contract with them. Really crappy phone company that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anymore.
    Sep 8, 2019
  15. Poryg
    Poryg
    Oh, T-Mobile still exists. In our country the three major telecommunication companies, T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2 work as a cartel too and if it wasn't for smaller providers, the prices for telecommunication services would've still been high.
    Sep 8, 2019