RPG Maker Forums

Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
I was thinking up a pokemon style game where the pokemon are actually swords and you are one of three monks trying to destroy them to bring balance to the land once again. Then I found Katangatari. /sigh
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
Katanagatari***
mishakoc
mishakoc
If you didn't tell us, we would probably never know. But they say there are no unique stories in the world. (this one sure sounds kind of specific though)
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
@mishakoc might still make the game in the future. Similarities aside, the idea sounds pretty fun to me :)
mishakoc
mishakoc
Pokemon style game as in the gameplay or are the swords pokemon-like? Cute talking hologram swords?
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
@mishakoc I guess the idea is more loosely pokemon based around the idea of "gotta catch them all!" and I let you start the beginning by choosing one of four swords to begin your journey & your two rivals choose from what's left. The fourth one turns the wielder into a monster that you have to fight, setting up the journey & all.
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
Now that I think about it, maybe that's where the similarities stop lol the goal is to collect the swords, seal them away, and destroy them before they corrupt the wielder or the land. I wanted it to be fairly open world but if you leave swords by themselves too long they'll just grow more and more powerful making it hard to destroy them later.
mishakoc
mishakoc
So the swords are cursed/curse the person who wields them? Tamper with their minds?
Oh, having a consequence for ditching the main quest for too long is great! It always makes the game feel cheap if there's an urgent problem of saving a world, but you still have plenty of time to help all the NPCs with their lost belongings.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI