Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I don't have much to add, but this is ALWAYS good advice!
    Sep 13, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Wavelength Unless the change you want to see isn't good in the eyes of others, or is harmful in some way. :p
    Sep 13, 2019
    Ryisunique, mishakoc and Wavelength like this.
  3. gstv87
    gstv87
    Been there. Done that.
    People still can't handle it.
    Sep 13, 2019
  4. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @The Stranger I suppose that's true, but every good change will have detractors, and every harmful change will have people who champion it and don't recognize its harm. In the end, action does more good than inaction, which is why I really like the advice.
    Sep 13, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Wavelength I think that this sort of advice can sometimes work really well under certain cirumstances. It should be coupled with sound advice and the wisdom of others though, in my opinion. I mean, all it takes is for you to have a dodgy set of beliefs, a sketchy opinion, or for you to reach the wrong conclusion, and you can end up causing a lot of damage to yourself or others.
    Sep 13, 2019
    mishakoc and Wavelength like this.
  6. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @The Stranger Without a doubt, my friend. Wisdom and temperance are virtues. No desired change is worth harming innocents or forcing beliefs down the throats of others. If most people act on what they believe is right, rather than stand idly by, though, those harmful actions will be neutralized a lot sooner - which is why "being the change" is so good.
    Sep 13, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Wavelength I fully agree with you on that. Doesn't even need to be a big change. I think society would benefit from more people not ignoring the crap going on in the streets. It's sad that so many people wont even bother to call for help when they see a fight happening in public, they'll just gather around and record it for YouTube or Facebook.
    Sep 13, 2019
    mishakoc, Finnuval and Wavelength like this.
  8. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    @The Stranger wish I could give that last post a thousand likes. Alas, I can't.
    Sep 13, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I like the line of advice because it preys on our inherent selfishness by asking us to be a little bit selfless. If you want others to do something, you should do it. If you did what you wanted others to do in order to make your own life easier... you'd make someone else's life easier. Plus, it can inspire others to similar action.
    Sep 13, 2019
    Wavelength and mishakoc like this.
  10. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    After all, how can we expect others to engage in behavior that we refuse to engage in?
    Sep 13, 2019