Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Grew up around drunks, junkies, and ne'er-do-wells; they make up the majority of my family on my mother's side. When I see families without such bs influencing them I feel conflicted. I am both happy for them not having to deal with that shite, but also extremely envious.
    Sep 15, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Maybe I wouldn't be the pathetic wretch I am today if I had a better family, or maybe I'd be worse. After all, my experiences have shaped my morality and outlook. Perhaps a more sheltered life would've simply made me more ignorant or selfish.
    Sep 15, 2019
  3. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Sadly, there are more people in similar situations than not nowadays. I was lucky, but I know an alarming amount of people who aren't.
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. Jenova
    Jenova
    Me. Brother is a drug addict/alcoholic, mother is a alcoholic and disabled herself because of it and my stepdad enables her. Called them both out, but apperently I dont care. I am the only person that does no drugs/alcohol at all. Not even smoke cigarettes. *shrugs*
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Jenova Sounds similar to how my situation was before I ended up cutting my mum off. I was made to feel like an outcast because I didn't support the alcoholism, drugs, and other bs going on. I refuse to follow in their footsteps.
    Sep 15, 2019
    Ryisunique and Jenova like this.
  6. SpicyNoodleStudios
    SpicyNoodleStudios
    Sorry to hear you have those vibes around you. I think, at some point, if we are around people that aren't positive for our life goals, we have to actively seek and find the people who we can work best with. You know, people who you can be mutually supportive and motivated with.
    Sep 15, 2019
    HexMozart88 likes this.