Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sounds like it takes a page out of Destiny's book. :p Destiny 1 was filled with that sort of thing.
    Sep 15, 2019
  2. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    It does. But, it didn't start that way. At about halfway through the second planet, it started this thing where you enter an area, you have to fight waves of enemies, and then the door would open or the next piece of quest would update and let you open the next door.
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I sort of miss the old Borderlands formula where they didn't have to stop you moving forward. You just went into a room, killed the 3-5 waves of enemies, and moved on. You killed them 'cause it was dangerous to let them live since they'd follow you through the whole level otherwise.
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The waves thing is even worse than Destiny though, 'cause of the "random" nature of the enemy spawns in the Borderlands series. There were a couple times where one of the waves spawned 6 "Badass" enemies and they killed me a few times before I could get passed them. Combat in the game is tougher this time out and elements are even more important than ever.
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    at the very least, the one thing I do like about Borderlands is that it's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously. With so many gormless edgelord games out there, it's slightly refreshing.
    Sep 15, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've been finding Borderlands 3 to be distinctly without much humor. I mean, that's fine if they're focusing on story, but there've been just a lot of jokes that fall flat. The only reason I'm even still playing BL3 is the gunplay is actually quite good (though tedious at every boss encounter) and I'm curious about the Siren stuff.
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Man, that sounds like pretty bad game design. Glad I didn't get it. I got irritated by some of the counters in BL2, so I know I'd get pissed at being unable to run through some of them.
    Sep 16, 2019
  8. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    The boss fights range from "super easy" to "frustratingly difficult". Many bosses I've run up against just have nearly unavoidable attacks (which may as well be unavoidable) and no clear pattern of actual attacks and counters to those attacks. Most fights I've won by just having high natural health regen and just running away until my health tops back up. Regular fights though... they're better.
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Oh, and the "Challenge Log" from BL2, where you could get Badass Tokens from? Yeah, getting to that log in BL3 is a flustercluck and annoying as crap. Go to map, go to "planet view", go to "galaxy view", then hit a button to go to "challenges" and it shows up then. Why is this such a freakin' HASSLE?
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  10. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    On an unrelated note to annoyances... I managed to give myself infinite ammo and near-instant replenishment of my Class Skill (in this case, I summon Rakk to fight). I have a passive that gives me 34% chance on landing a critical hit to give me 1 shot in my ammo clip. It counts this chance for each pellet of a shotgun. EVERY PELLET. 15 pellets, I get more ammo than I'm using.
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  11. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Another perk has 30% chance to reduce cooldown on class skill by 2 seconds (of 18 second total cooldown). Shotgun again. Counts each pellet. 15 pellets. I can throw my class skill, shotgun someone in the face, and throw the class skill again. Instantly. It's going to be stupidly broken once my Rakk heal me upon doing damage and then there are 4 that hit instead of 2.
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  12. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I suspect that they created the perks and only tested them against what the character was meant to do (either be a bullet hose or a sniper) and never tested him for playing like I do... shotguns, pistols, rockets, and whatever else feels cool to use. Shotguns break this character since so much rides on getting crits in his skill tree.
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I honestly hope they don't patch him. It's made several boss fights insanely easy. Especially when I was using "sticky darts" on shotguns and landing endless amounts of them... and then detonating them all at once to kill the boss instantly and bypass all it's mechanics. :D
    Sep 16, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    They probably will patch him, since it's a multiplayer oriented game. People are obsessed with balance, even if there's no pvp or anything. I've always liked finding op gear in games. lol.
    Sep 16, 2019
    Tai_MT likes this.