Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. Daena Grey
    Daena Grey
    Why not a Goblin Bard? -nosebleed-
    Sep 16, 2019
  2. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Do what I did my first time. Halfing Fighter. BTW you can guess how well that worked out.
    Sep 16, 2019
  3. mazzy-elf
    mazzy-elf
    Bards are great my partner has a Drow Bard he gets up to all kinds of trouble impersonating people and forging documents, we still haven't gotten into combat (about 12 hrs in) because he weasles his way out of everything.
    Sep 16, 2019
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I was thinking I'd try to play as "non traditional" as I could and specializing in fencing and dueling instead of songs and stories. Because, frankly, my character couldn't sing, and fencing is very elegant and beautiful. Just a thought. Not sure how I'd distribute points or anything though.
    Sep 16, 2019
  5. Daena Grey
    Daena Grey
    College of Swords Bards are a thing. X'D... If you want to be Non-Traditional, Variant Human Sorcerer/Wizard with Weapon Master and Martial Weapons. It's everything but traditional.
    Sep 16, 2019
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    We're playing 5E with no supplemental material ^_^ All I got is the PHB to go with, ha ha. Aside from not knowing how to make my character's personality yet or how I'm going to play him, it's going to be fun to see how a guy who has never told stories in his whole life DM's a game for the first time. :D And he wanted to do it after only a week of planning.
    Sep 16, 2019
  7. Daena Grey
    Daena Grey
    Well, that sucks if you're only using the Player's Handbook... All of the Supplemental Material is great, especially Xanathar's Guide to Everything. (I might be overusing it in my campaign, but screw the rules, I have Xanathar. X'D...)

All I can suggest then is, do what feels natural to you. Especially if it is to play your instrument. X'D
    Sep 16, 2019