Comments on Profile Post by PaladinJessa

1. PixelHeart
    PixelHeart
    It is, all the pokemon games are. I havent personally met anyone who said it wasint. Personally I liked silver better than gold though.... the two are sooooooo different, arent they? X3 LOL
    Sep 17, 2019
  2. Traveling Bard
    Traveling Bard
    I'd say it's an rpg. You take on the role of a trainer and capture monsters to have fight for you in your journey to be the very best...the best there ever was. lol. It's just different from a sword + board fantasy rpg.
    Sep 17, 2019
  3. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Sep 17, 2019
    Wavelength and The Stranger like this.
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Probably because people have largely appropriated the term "RPG" to encompass anything with a Progression System rather than the actual definition. The one that includes player choice, playing a character, interacting with other characters, and being a story-driven experience.
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I feel like "pokemon" has "its own genre" just like "bomberman", or they're the same people who never consider mobile games as a real game.

"What is your favorite video game?"
    *mentioned random mobile game*
    "That isn't a real video game!"
    Sep 17, 2019
  6. Biestmann
    Biestmann
    Pokemon absolutely is an RPG.
    Sep 17, 2019
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Pokemon has all of the hallmarks of an RPG. Some people just like to play the gatekeeper when it comes to their likes and dislikes. If Pokemon were to feature gritty 'realistic' characters, a post-apoc setting, and be about one young boy's quest for vengeance in a cold, uncaring world, then you'd probably see less opposition to it being called an RPG. Oh, and it also needs false choices, and cringy romances.
    Sep 17, 2019
    bgillisp and Seacliff like this.