Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    That happens to me now too, I think it's because I'm old...
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger and Traveling Bard like this.
  2. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I think for me, it takes a special kind of game. I finished Mass Effect 1 without issue. As well as Skyrim and Factorio. But, I find it difficult to be motivated to finish many games I play. Their "charm" wears off too quickly and monotony sets in.
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger and Tea's Jams like this.
  3. Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    It also could have a lot to do with modern design philosophy. A lot of AAA open-world games use cookie cutter design to a fault. It's hard to find motivation to finish a 40 hour campaign with all that extra padding and filler content.
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Same. Which is why I tend to play a lot of games that take me 1-2 days to complete.
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You know what? I've started to notice this about myself too. Never used to have a problem finishing games, but now a game has to really suck me in for me to complete it. I've dropped quite a few games because I just can't be bothered with them.
    Sep 17, 2019
  6. Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    Way too many games these days overstay their welcome. Often by padding the content with busywork and other tropes of modern game design.

More often than not I stop playin games because they bore me to death after fifteen hours.
    Sep 17, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I usually see everything in a game after 10 ~ 30 hours. The lifetime of the game can be extended depends on how well it gives me freedom (at this point, I don't care about META, just screwing around trying to break the game). It can even be further extended if the game can be modded. Otherwise? I'm done.
    Sep 17, 2019