Comments on Profile Post by Prescott

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Which devs are saying this? I've heard of some gamers claiming that devs shouldn't implement an easy mode into games for one reason or another. TBH, I don't really care how others play their games. Why does i tmatter if one person cheats in a singleplayer game, uses a mod to make the game easier, or simply plays on easy mode? It doesn't.
    Sep 18, 2019
    Prescott likes this.
  2. Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    Well, an RPG doesnt really need different difficulties.
    Sep 18, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  3. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Until you find some people don't agree with your difficulty setting while you think it's the ideal difficulty that the game should have (e.g, the hard difficulty in my game is there to entertain myself, but ppl are free to try or choose the easier one).
    Sep 18, 2019
  4. Cryptic
    Cryptic
    I would love to add a difficulty mode to my game I'm currently making, however, you would have to remake the WHOLE game just to make it slightly easier.
    Sep 18, 2019
  5. Cryptic
    Cryptic
    Well, not the WHOLE game, exaggerating.
    Sep 18, 2019
  6. Kes
    Kes
    Designing a straightforward easy mode would make a good thread in 'Game Mechanics Design'. Just because some people would never use it does not automatically mean that a dev shouldn't consider it. There are multiple audiences to aim for. If you want your game to appeal to more people, it is a reasonable route to at least think about.
    Sep 19, 2019
  7. Prescott
    Prescott
    @Cryptic sometimes it can be difficult to do it in hindsight depending on what type of game you've made. If you do it right from the get-go though, it takes a couple of hours max.
    Sep 19, 2019
    Cryptic likes this.