Hyouryuu-Na and The Stranger like this.
  3. MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Don't you mean a hero?
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. Poryg
    Poryg
    No. Yanfly is a hero. She has made tons of plugins people can benefit from. She receives both the glory and the hate. I am a villain. I teach people how to make plugins, upsetting the natural order of things and making them hopefully not rely on 3rd party plugins.
    Sep 21, 2019
    Shaz and The Stranger like this.
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Is Yanfly a woman? Huh. Never really thought about who they are. I guess I like to imagine them as a cute, white fluffball.
    Sep 21, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    If we can believe Yami, then yes. In one of the videos she wanted to thank Yanfly, because "she was a great senpai".
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  7. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    More like an old wise mentor I'd say? Showing people they don't have to rely on the hero's power all the time and can grow and change for the better is not something a real villain would do. And definitely not something the great hero would be against. :)
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    Mentor is kind of boring though. Being a villain is much more fun :D
    Sep 21, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  9. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    If you want to be a villain, you have to act like that. Like giving bad instructions that will wipe irreparably the whole data folder instead (or something).
    Sep 21, 2019
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Did you really want to say villain, or total jerk?
    Sep 21, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  11. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    A lot of villains (and criminals) are total jerks taken up to eleven in my opinion.
    Sep 21, 2019
  12. Poryg
    Poryg
    Many villains are, but how many if them are good villains? :p A good villain always has something you respect him for. Morals, intrigue,...
    Sep 21, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  13. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    You might be right, but a prerequisite of being a villain is to be at least a little bit evil, right? You can't take the coolness of a villain without putting in the (evil) work. :p
    Sep 21, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  14. Poryg
    Poryg
    But messing up others' projects would ot even be evil.
    Sep 22, 2019
  15. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    If Yanfly is the hero who helps people out to make their projects better, destroying them by giving false instruction would count as evil and make you the villain in my book.
    What exactly would you consider as evil in this metaphor?
    Sep 22, 2019
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc Probably something completely over the top and edgy. Maybe the evil code summons a hitman to take out your family (cute pets included). xD
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  17. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Lol! So he is so ambitious? Dark!Poryg, I underestimated you! Is destroying people's projects something so trivial you wouldn't even bother to do it (cause it's too lame)?
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  18. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's four lines of code.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  19. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    I mean, kicking a puppy is not really hard either but many people consider it to be evil.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  20. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You could probably kick a puppy with four lines of code. :p
    Sep 22, 2019
  21. Poryg
    Poryg
    Would you consider someone who kicks puppies a villain?
    Sep 22, 2019
  22. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    A villain to me is just someone who does things that have a negative impact on my life, or the lives of those I love. Kicking a puppy, in my opinion, wouldn't make you a villain, but might make me think of you as abusive or cruel. Poor puppy. :(
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  23. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah. A villain is not about petty deeds, although they are evil. A villain always does things that have a large impact.
    Sep 22, 2019
  24. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Not sure if it's possible to play the part of a villain. Well, not unless you go out of your way to harm others, or perform harmful\malevolent acts just for the hell of it. We usually do things for a reason. Sure, sometimes we tread on other people's toes, and they may see us as the villain in their stories, but we're not trying to be a villain.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  25. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, I am a vigilante in certain fields, so I do evil to evil people.
    Sep 22, 2019
  26. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Vigilantes don't perform evil acts, they take the law into their own hands. Vigilantes are wrong because they not only take matters into their own hands, but they also often target the wrong people.
    Sep 22, 2019
  27. Poryg
    Poryg
    Yeah, you have to make sure you leave no trace.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  28. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! Come clean, @Poryg, are you killing people and disintergrating their remains in a bathtub of industrial strength acid? xD
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  29. Poryg
    Poryg
    Haha :D I don't kill people, I'm not that kind of a vigilante.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  30. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Then what exactly is evil in the land of plugins according to you? You said teaching people how to make them but I don't buy that.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  31. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc Maybe it's evil teaching, kinda like indoctrination or brainwashing. Poryg's JavaScript Re-Education Camp.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc and Poryg like this.
  32. Poryg
    Poryg
    Upsetting the natural balance of things. It's difficult to make plugins compatible with one another. And certain plugins pose a question... Do I use this... or that? And by granting access to Javascript to more people I grant them the option to make their own plugins and contribute in the overall chaos, mwhaha :D
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger and mishakoc like this.
  33. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Oh, I didn't think about all the incompatible plugins your students will be churning out with the newfound secret powers, sharing them with the community and all the desperate people who will suffer from said incompatibility who will, in turn, make other people suffer from a sudden boom of questions on how to fix all the possible mistakes ... Clever!
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg and The Stranger like this.
  34. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    And masking it as trying to be helpful for naive learners who just want to get good at coding. I'm sorry, @Poryg, I was wrong, you're the real villain.
    Sep 22, 2019
  35. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Is Poryg the Czech word for chaos? :p
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  36. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Nope, that's still chaos, just different pronunciation.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  37. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  38. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Yeah. "zmatek" or maybe "spoušť" sounds like a real Czech word for it, but all of them are used.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  39. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I think the Greek form of Chaos is Khaos. I kinda like the Greek one more. xD
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  40. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  41. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah! It's strange how chaos means disorder, but khaos means void, abyss, gap, or nothingness.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  42. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Quite strange indeed. You're really incredibly interested in etymology, aren't you? (BTW, we are talking off-topic on someone's profile again, haha, sorry @Poryg)
    Sep 22, 2019
  43. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc I am! I enjoy finding out how words were used and where they come from. I'm the kind of person who also likes looking through dictionaries, and thesauruses in search of interesting words. I have two dictionaries containing nothing but archaic (Victorian and 1811) slang. lol.
    Sep 22, 2019
  44. Poryg
    Poryg
    In Czech we use "zmatek" for a disorder. However, we don't use it for a messy room, for that we hsve "nepořádek". "Spoušť" is used for disarray, but only when an orderly place has been visually turned into disarray (for example villages after a flood).
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  45. Poryg
    Poryg
    If you want to say a "huge disarray" in Czech, you use straight up "bordel". Usable both for tangible and intangible disarrays. In English "bordel" is literally translated as "brothel".
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc and The Stranger like this.
  46. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! Brothel. Yeah, that doesn't mean huge disarray here. xD Czech isn't a romance language like Romanian, is it? I tried learning some Romanian back when I used to speak to a girl from there. Man, that was so long ago.
    Sep 22, 2019
  47. Poryg
    Poryg
    Czech is not a romance language at all. In fact it sucks for romance and if I can, I use English for it instead. But the it's awesome for swearing if you're angry.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  48. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    No, no. I meant romance as in one of the romance languages (those related to Latin). English is Germanic.
    Sep 22, 2019
  49. Poryg
    Poryg
    They're not romance, they're romanic.
    Sep 22, 2019
  50. Poryg
    Poryg
    The only romance language out there is Italian. :D
    Sep 22, 2019
  51. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    @The Stranger Czech is a Slavic language.
    @Poryg I thought Spanish or French would be romance languages.
    Sep 22, 2019