Comments on Profile Post by Shaz

1. Shaz
    Shaz
    Shopping for new hosting provider. All I really use these days is email, but it's still cheaper to get email+web hosting than email-only hosting.
    Sep 21, 2019
  2. Shaz
    Shaz
    I've been with them more than 10 years. So much for customer loyalty.
    Sep 21, 2019
  3. Tea's Jams
    Tea's Jams
    Pfft, ditch em. Sounds like my internet provider...
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger and samkfj like this.
  4. samkfj
    samkfj
    Yeah that happened to me with AT&T. They were offering a lot of deals for new contracts, but nothing for renewals or customer loyalty. You'd think that companies would be more ready to keep their customers rather than try to snipe new ones.
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. Jonforum
    Jonforum
    Sep 21, 2019
    BCj, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
  6. Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes you do. And the longer you sign up for, the cheaper it is (per year). The one I'm looking at now is $7/month for a year, but $3.50/month for 10 years. I like the 10 year price, but not so keen on paying it all up front. After all, who knows whether I'll still be needing it in 10 years, or if they will still be around?
    Sep 21, 2019
    mishakoc, The Stranger and samkfj like this.
  7. Shaz
    Shaz
    @samfkj apparently it takes 10 times as much effort to get a new customer as it does to keep an existing one. But everyone only offers the special deals to new customers rather than thanking existing ones for their loyalty. Even if they did offer me the "new customer" price, at the moment, with the exchange rate, it's still more expensive than the new one I'm checking out
    Sep 21, 2019
  8. Shaz
    Shaz
    oops - spelled your name wrong, and now I can't go back and change it.
    Sep 21, 2019
    The Stranger and samkfj like this.
  9. PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    *goes back to provider wearing stache* Hey it's me, new customer Zhas looking for a great deal
    Sep 21, 2019
    RitualTeeth, Shaz and mishakoc like this.
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    LOL - except I have the same domain name :D
    Sep 21, 2019
  11. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    They do the same thing in the US. I can get internet for $29.99/mo if I'm new, $70/mo though after a year. No loyalty benefits whatsoever.
    Sep 21, 2019
  12. Shaz
    Shaz
    doesn't entice people to hang around, does it?
    Sep 22, 2019