Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. Poryg
    Poryg
    Being the kind of Poryg I am, I decided to help her. However, I would only help her, not do her work for her. So she sent me her work for check up... And from 5 errors that weren't supposed to be there (random letters, Czech words etc.) it was clear that she half assed it... Welp, I'm not going to cover up for her. I half assed my checkup too. I had noticed more mistakes than I pointed out.
    Sep 22, 2019
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    So you agreed to help her, but didn't really help her? What was the point of agreeing to help her in the first place? It was just a waste of time for both of you.
    Sep 22, 2019
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Slow down. I made the difference between a D and a decent grade.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You could've helped her to see her other errors, but chose not to. It was just deceitful, plain and simple.
    Sep 22, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    If by "helped her see" you mean "fix/rewrite the whole text", then you're absolutely right. But she had initially asked me to write the whole text, which I'd declined and said I'd only check it, so rewriting it would mean I could have straight up said I'd do it. Which was what I did not want to do, since I don't particularly like her and was a last resort option.
    Sep 22, 2019
  6. Poryg
    Poryg
    If you mean "explain", then THAT would be a waste of time. She had 4 days to deliver the text (it wasn't long at all) and it contained major oversights. I really don't think I'd be willing to waste time educating her so she could fix it. So I fixed the glaring errors, but left the rest there so it's still her work and not mine.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    So you checked it for her, told her about a handful of errors, but concealed the fact that there were more errors she'd need to correct. You could've simply told her what was wrong, and let her either attempt to correct it herself or find someone else to help her out.
    Sep 22, 2019
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    I actually told her I had noticed more errors than I pointed out.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That's good. Your original post made it sound like you hid these things from her in some petty act of revenge.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc likes this.
  10. Poryg
    Poryg
    Even if I did, what I did was a difference between a D and a decent grade, so I wouldn't do that much damage. I don't think she'll find someone anyway, since I was the last resort as she had graciously told me.
    Sep 22, 2019
    mishakoc and standardplayer like this.
  11. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Even if he hid the fact that there were more mistakes, it would be really lame revenge to help her boost her grades.
    If he instead did what she wanted and wrote everything himself, or fixed everything, wouldn't it be an act of deceit as well? Since the school didn't want to grade Poryg's work, but hers.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc If he did all of the work, then yes. If he simply pointed out errors, then no. There's nothing wrong with learning from one another. But two wrongs don't make a right. It's not right to trick and deceive others, just don't bother with them if you can't stand them.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  13. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    @The Stranger Yeah, you're right (about the learning and wrongs). I wouldn't help her at all, seeing how she wanted him to write everything first. That doesn't sound like she wanted to learn anything, honestly.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Yeah, he didn't go above and beyond in helping her and just fixed the worst mistakes (and seeing she apparently didn't even care to read it again/use spellcheck I am not even surprised). That still helped her a lot. I wouldn't call it 100% right or wrong, I understand if you see it differently though. :)
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  15. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @mishakoc It wasn't about whether he helped or not, it was the deceit, the obfuscation of facts, after agreeing to help which bothered me. Doesn't matter anyway, since it turned out it was just a misunderstanding, and he did in fact point out the errors. Deceit and manipulation are pretty high up on my list of absolute wrongdoings. It's just part of my core beliefs, how I view the world based on personal experience.
    Sep 22, 2019
    Poryg and mishakoc like this.
  16. mishakoc
    mishakoc
    That's fair.
    Sep 22, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.