RPG Maker Forums

mishakoc
mishakoc
(so they are a lot of characters with random Japanese names for no apparent reason, lol)
Sometimes they are just called Tatranka or something.
mishakoc
mishakoc
@The Stranger (fun word fact: the pronunciation of doom means house in Czech, see what kind of conditions we live here? lol)
Characters having an English name is fine, probably because it's not my native language, but no way I'd read fantasy with Czech names, that would be so cringy. Don't know why. I feel like I couldn't take it seriously.
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
@mishakoc you could always go the Dragonball method and name everyone after vegetables :D Did you notice in Earthbound that the towns are named after one, two, three, etc? I love that name characters after candy, that's so much better than my placeholders of Jim and Harry lol
mishakoc
mishakoc
I can't probably tell what the name of towns originally meant so I wouldn't even notice. But of course you, such a ethymology wizard, would. :p
mishakoc
mishakoc
*etymology, see, can't even spell the word properly
mishakoc
mishakoc
@Traveling Bard Vegetables, huh? And the big bad is going to be a chef who just murders and devours everyone. Maybe I could do that using spices, most of their names sound quite foreign to me. I already established the main hero is going to be called Pelyněk, because xoferew thinks it sounds cool.
mishakoc
mishakoc
@Traveling Bard I haven't yet gotten too far into Earthbound yet, unfortunately. I had to start playing it again twice because I was using the damn phone wrong. When the dad tells you if you want to continue or end, I thought he meant the phone conversation, not the game, so I always pressed end and the game kind of froze (because they were expecting me to just end the game). You can see what a pro gamer I am, lol.
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
There is actually a mechanic in the game that keeps track about how long you've been playing, so when you save with your dad he'll start saying something like "I know you want to save the world, son, but even heroes need rest. Maybe you should take a break." and since phone emulators are like save states, it'll think you are on one massive run of the game so he'll probably say that the whole time lol
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
There are many little details like that in the game that I don't want to spoil for you. Also, I love the main hero's name. So it's wormwood? Is that used as a spice? I thought it was only used in making strong alcohol lol
mishakoc
mishakoc
See, naming him Wormwood or Tarragon sounds cool (like a dragon). But Pelyněk, on the other hand, is so lame.
I only knew it was a plant, but wikipedia says it is used as a spice and in medicine.
mishakoc
mishakoc
And thanks for not spoiling anything, I tend to read spoilery stuff and then am mad at myself because sometimes it ruins the whole story.
Like when I read way too many seasons sooner who is Red John in The Mentalist.
mishakoc
mishakoc
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
@mishakoc I LOVE the mentalist...'s first three seasons. After Patrick Jane got off for murder in the beginning of the fourth season I think I stopped watching. Great show though! One of the psychics in that game I told you about is modeled after him a bit :) though he's one of the bad guy psychics.
mishakoc
mishakoc
I love criminal shows where they use unconventional methods to investigate. It's fine when it's by using their dream-vision and ghosts but the sniffing one is too outrageous even for me, lol.
mishakoc
mishakoc
But they needed some deus ex machina for getting him out of trouble with the murder. It was great even after that, started going a bit downhill when the Red John business was done with.
mishakoc
mishakoc
It was a bit strange to me that I managed to guess who Red John is correctly, because he was acting creepy and nobody acknowledged it. I think that was the first and only time I managed to guess who the murderer was.
Not gonna say who it is though, :p
mishakoc
mishakoc
What's the "psychicks"' special ability? Being a smooth talker?
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
@mishakoc Just watched the Jan Egeland video. I love the guy dancing ballerina in the background xD "Nice Legs." LOL! There is a youtube comment that pretty much somes up how I feel: "I have no idea who this man is but after listening to this I trust him with my life." Thanks for the recommendation :D
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
Have you seen Castle with Nathan Fillion, an author & a cop catch bad guys? Or White Collar, where the FBI use a white collar criminal to catch bad guys? I'm a fan of criminal shows too :) Leverage & Blacklist are pretty great too.
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
I had this idea that he'd be something like the purple man from Jessica Jones but the ability is a psychic one instead of a mutant power. Basically overcoming a person's mind and telling them what to do by speaking. I had an interest game idea where it would be probability & you would gamble power to increase your chance at overwhelming them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Eric from RTP: is a veteran
Game: Lvl 1
My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...
I spent the whole day creating and finishing around 12 skills and fixing 2 others... and 3 of them are still buggy... *sigh* only like 20 more skills to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KKS