Comments on Profile Post by Tai_MT

1. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    They probably dumbed down some of the puzzles for "newcomers". I still have my cart of the original in working condition, which I still play. Main reason I haven't gotten the Switch one yet- my old one still works.
    Sep 24, 2019
  2. Hudell
    Hudell
    The screen changing. It made us go round and round endlessly.
    Sep 24, 2019
  3. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Full 360-degree movement as opposed to 8 directions for movement and 4 directions for attacking.
    Sep 24, 2019
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    No, I mean the game is genuinely far easier. The first dungeon boss takes 1 less hit and the arena has far less holes while the boss moves much slower... Every boss has tweaks like that. They all take substantially fewer hits to take out and their gimmicks are just as easy to avoid as they were in the original.
    Sep 24, 2019
  5. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    In several cases, even their gimmicks got much easier to avoid and work with (including the boss of dungeon 5, who had a tail attack you could only avoid by standing in the corners of the room or by jumping it at the right time... now, it won't touch you if you're against the far right or far left wall, as well as the corners).
    Sep 24, 2019
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Even many of the standard enemies got easier to kill. The "Like Likes" used to take 5 swings of the basic sword to kill... now they take two. Even the "flying tile" enemies are much easier as you can smash them the moment they start spinning rather than having to wait for them to get "fully off the ground" to be able to smash them.
    Sep 24, 2019
  7. Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Sounds like a classic case of 'hand-holding' in modern games these days. But then again, we now live in a culture of spoiled rotten lil' brats that throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want, so games nowadays are getting cucked & made easier so they don't get so dayum butthurt over losing. As an old school gamer from the 80's, this makes me weep.
    Sep 24, 2019
  8. Hudell
    Hudell
    For me this remake was pretty good. It's been a long time since I last played Links's Awakening and I don't care much if enemies are easy to kill or not. I like zelda games more for the dungeons and exploration and this one had it just right. I was afraid it was going to be like A link between worlds.
    Sep 24, 2019
    definite_lee likes this.
  9. Hudell
    Hudell
    I dare say this was my best zelda experience since Twilight Princess.
    Sep 24, 2019
    definite_lee likes this.
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Sep 24, 2019
  11. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    The game looks refreshing, even though it looks like the same old Link's Awakening. But as short as it is and with the dumbing down of enemies, it is not worth the 60 dollar price tag. He'll, even the original game was less.
    Sep 24, 2019
  12. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    For me, the experience was "okay". I was greatly disappointed that combat hadn't gotten more difficult with the ability to use your shield anytime... move in eight directions... slash in eight directions... use boots at any time. Instead, they made things so easy that I was never in danger of dying after Dungeon 2. Never lost more than 3 hearts after that point in the game.
    Sep 24, 2019
  13. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I was also disappointed that I was blazing through most of the dungeons in under 5 minutes due to the difficulty being scaled down... and was spending more time in the game getting the collectibles. I think only the last two dungeons took me any time at all. Dungeon 7 took me 20 minutes to finish due to the revamp of the horse puzzles (and their mechanics explained nowhere, while also being nonsensical).
    Sep 24, 2019
  14. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Dungeon 8 also took me about 20 minutes from sheer size of the place and needing to use the warp several times. The boss in Dungeon 7 took me about 15 seconds to beat while the boss of Dungeon 8 took me about a minute due to the changed hitboxes on the enemy and new mechanic he used.
    Sep 24, 2019
  15. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I still love the "Link's Awakening" story and the world and the puzzles... But... It just feels like a far hollower experience than the original and even the first remake for the Gameboy Color.
    Sep 24, 2019