Comments on Profile Post by Poryg

1. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I had the same experience two weeks ago. Tried to hit Shift + Home and couldn't figure out what happened at first
    Sep 26, 2019
    Poryg and OcRam like this.
  2. OcRam
    OcRam
    And Ctrl+Insert = Ctrl+C

I have used "Insert" copying/pasting when I use mouse a lot (insert is closer to mouse).
    Sep 26, 2019
    Poryg likes this.
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    I use both hands, so for me Ctrl+C is easier to reach.
    Sep 26, 2019
  4. OcRam
    OcRam
    Ha! Got me there :p

I use both hands also, but some how Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Ins is feeling more natural to use for me... I'm quite old though and have used computer from old C64 times where Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V didn't even exist :)
    Sep 26, 2019
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, the oldest computer I have used was a 386, where Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V wasn't necessary. Nevertheless, due to the awkward positioning of my mouse and keyboard it makes more sense to control my keyboard with left hand and control my mouse with right hand instead of having to grab the mouse every few minutes.
    Sep 26, 2019
  6. Nekohime1989
    Nekohime1989
    Sep 26, 2019
  7. Zinapse
    Zinapse
    Pro tip: In most *nix shells you can paste with Shift+Insert, since Ctrl+V is the "verbatim input" key it wont paste what's in your clipboard. Most shells are starting to support Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V for copy and paste. I think GNOME started that though. /shrug
    Oct 5, 2019