Comments on Profile Post by standardplayer

1. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    -Bald Guy Every Five Minutes- "Dude, I just got chills!"
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  2. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    All of these types of shows are funny. Just people screaming in the dark. xD Did you feel that slight draft? It's obviously the dead.
    Oct 3, 2019
    Finnuval and standardplayer like this.
  3. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Lol I love that one of the main devices is rapidly flips through radio channels. And then their minds are blown when they hear something. On the radio.
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Lmao! OMG! This radio actually works. The random chatter and noise couldn't possibly be from any other source other than wraiths. I watched one ghost hungting show in which one member of the group simply asked questions in a dark room. The group freaked out when they heard random noises, and thought said noises were the work of ghosts.
    Oct 3, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  5. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    ikr? The noise recordings blow my mind, too, because there are obviously network camera operators recording the hunters. And...you know you can't just keep not finding evidence, because you have a network show, so.... XD
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, you can't have an episode where you find no evidence of the supernatural because that'd make it boring to watch. So every location they visit is infested with the lingering dead. I bet half the noises are caused by the crew themselves. Maybe one of the cameramen just tosses a bottle across the room or something. xD
    Oct 3, 2019
  7. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    On Ghost Adventures, they use what is basically and XBox Kinect camera. Another awesome thing is they have a device called the Ovulus, and it's like up to the Ovulus 7. And sometimes they don't use the newest one....I just....I can't stop smiling right now
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  8. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Like, what can the Ovulus 4 'do' that the Ovulus 7 can't? Did you download the latest update?
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I also think a lot of it is simply down to the human mind. You have a group of people suggesting that there's a ghost here, getting one another worked up, and then their minds do the rest of the work. Every creak and groan in the house, that they'd usually dismiss as just normal house sounds, suddenly become the moans of the unquiet dead.
    Oct 3, 2019
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    They begin to imagine spectres touching them, causing goosebumps and their hair to stand on end. They're expecting ghosts, expecting to be scared, and so make these things a reality.
    Oct 3, 2019
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Ovulus 7. xD Is it even a real device, or is it kinda like those nonsensical machines used by Scientologists to detect Thetans?
    Oct 3, 2019
  12. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Most of their devices are created by a guy who openly admits he doesn't really believe in ghosts, and openly states that the devices he's created, for them, are not proven or basically 'guaranteed' to detect the paranormal
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  13. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Most of their devices that don't record audio just deal with temperature or electromagnetic detection. Because only spirits use electricity. That's why they're usually weak against Earth 0.0
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    LOL! So that's why ghosts are so rare, the planet's magnetic field bats them into deep space. Poor ghosts. :(
    Oct 3, 2019
  15. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I just feel like, if ghosts were real, it would get more obvious everyday, because everyone dies at some point. So if there were ghosts, and they were seeing them thousands of years ago, we'd be up to our ears in apparitions and getting a song on the radio would be impossible
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah, and I'd also want to do more as a ghost than hang around some ancient house giving people chills or causing static on a radio. If, and that's a big if, ghosts are real, I imagine they're incapable of interacting with people.
    Oct 3, 2019
  17. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I've always been open to the idea of 'something' about us being able to outlive our bodies, but I've sleepwalked, I've had sleep-deprived hallucinations, and in general since 'sight' and 'hearing' really happens in your brain, where your imagination likes to hang out...Evidence is kind of a crap-shoot
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  18. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yeah. How is a ghost remembering anything, feeling anything, when these things exist within a physical brain? I mean, damage to certain parts of the brain can completely change a person's behaviour, personality, erase memory, etc. How is a ghost accessing anything from when it was living?
    Oct 3, 2019
  19. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Then again, most supernatural stuff doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you really think about it. I try not to think about it. Let people believe in whatever they want to believe in.
    Oct 3, 2019
  20. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Exactly. If they didn't, I wouldn't have this show to watch ;) And the horror genre would crumble, leaving RPG Maker as just some program for making RPG's
    Oct 3, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.