RPG Maker Forums

Redacted
You're right, it's not the U.S. only, but the U.S. is the only country that chokes the people of others, in an effort to stagnate. You can disagree with me all you want, but I'm about ready to buy a domain in Sweden.
Archeia
Archeia
People who even messaged you aren't even from the US *rolls eyes*
Redacted
Well, you know, I could just stop crediting people completely and just post resources at will randomly, but I don't. Should I continue to try and fix the way I work, or should I just give up? Lol.
Archeia
Archeia
Or we could just stop giving away free resources and let everyone make their own :)
Celianna
Celianna
How about respecting the creator's wishes to not distribute their work?

I live in a country where having a free copy of copyrighted material is LEGAL. But the distributing it is ILLEGAL.

What you're doing is just being a thorn in the eye and hogging all the credit from these artists' hard work.
Redacted
I should just start using the URL to link images instead of uploading them. That would be even more transformative.
Vanitas
Vanitas
you do realize you're trying to argue with the most persistent and hard working people on the planet- aka artists- don't you? Your flippant attitude is going to earn you no brownie points. Accreditation for work isn't something new nor is it a poor concept; Einstein is credited, Da Vinci is credited, etc. Are you going to argue that too is wrong? No matter where artwork or resources are hosted, whether it be in a digital format or in a gallery, credit should be obligatory and auto...
Redacted
My point is I'm trying to fix it, but the hostility is just making me want to be more harmful.
Vanitas
Vanitas
*matic, not something added after people demand it. That's why people are annoyed and frustrated- not that you're changing it now, but because you didn't do it in the first place.
Redacted
Right, and they know, as artists, frustration creates or destroys. I can't just snap my fingers and make **** perfect.
Kread-EX
Kread-EX
You can just ASK before posting resources and COMPLY if the creator refuses.
Archeia
Archeia
That's pretty much what most would even just want.
Redacted
I've taken down many resources, Kread-EX. If all people want is for me to ask, then I need to have a chance, or I won't be able to do it.
Kread-EX
Kread-EX
If you REALLY want to come clean, you should take down any resource you haven't got explicit permission for instead of waiting for their creator to yell at you. Now THAT would be showing courtesy.
Redacted
So, everything? Yeah, right. No.
Celianna
Celianna
I have it stated in my thread that my resources are not to be distributed. You ignored it. And you wonder we're hostile?

Just take down everything, or convert to URLs only.
Redacted
What are you talking about? I took them down a long time ago, and only JUST reposted with a link, instead of pictures.
Celianna
Celianna
Yeah, like a week ago. My point still stands; you disregarded any of the artist's wishes and simply just copied stuff all over the place. There is no need to, our resources are already freely available, and we'd like to keep that content exclusive to our forum, we are the creators after all.

You should be more like GrandmaDeb, she's a bloodhound when it comes to finding resources. The best thing about her? She LINKS to them, has entire lists full of URLs pointing to the...
Celianna
Celianna
*pointing to the resources. Ugh, this should not be discussed in status updates.
Redacted
And I'm done here.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.
Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wutong