Comments on Profile Post by bgillisp

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Remember the good 'ol days of only needing to gather ore or Tiberium? Now you have to manage, on average, three or more different resources; one of which is usually some sort of population cap. I used to think I enjoyed RTS games, but then I realised I only liked the older, more simple, ones.
    Oct 14, 2019
  2. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I wonder if it's associated to the overall trend for mobile/casual games (even in genres like Match-3 or Action games) to have a million different resources as well?

If there's cross-pollination between the designers, or if they're noticing a trend that they believe gamers want, it could make sense.
    Oct 14, 2019
  3. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    It might be, though the issue then becomes just because mobile games have them doesn't mean the players ENJOY them.

As it is, the game I tried to play had all my resources at the top of the screen, though anything at 0 didn't show. Near the end I had to scroll the screen to see them all.
    Oct 14, 2019
  4. Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    That's the reason I never left Age Of Empires 2 xD
    Oct 14, 2019
    The Stranger likes this.
  5. NinjaKittyProductions
    NinjaKittyProductions
    Game bloat... they think it will make the game more "complex". Instead it just comes off as tedious <_<
    Oct 14, 2019
    Eliaquim likes this.
  6. Zanckst
    Zanckst
    because...you need to gather lotsa resources to fortify your base? :p
    Oct 14, 2019
  7. Zanckst
    Zanckst
    oawh was trying to make a joke, i thought you were saying the download requires to download 2452616 resources files :S
    Oct 14, 2019
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Stellaris did this awfully, although now that I mentioned it, I somehow miss playing the game. But I don't want to spend in the time sink not knowing it's already morning.
    Oct 14, 2019