RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Remember the good 'ol days of only needing to gather ore or Tiberium? Now you have to manage, on average, three or more different resources; one of which is usually some sort of population cap. I used to think I enjoyed RTS games, but then I realised I only liked the older, more simple, ones.
Wavelength
Wavelength
I wonder if it's associated to the overall trend for mobile/casual games (even in genres like Match-3 or Action games) to have a million different resources as well?

If there's cross-pollination between the designers, or if they're noticing a trend that they believe gamers want, it could make sense.
bgillisp
bgillisp
It might be, though the issue then becomes just because mobile games have them doesn't mean the players ENJOY them.

As it is, the game I tried to play had all my resources at the top of the screen, though anything at 0 didn't show. Near the end I had to scroll the screen to see them all.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
That's the reason I never left Age Of Empires 2 xD
NinjaKittyProductions
NinjaKittyProductions
Game bloat... they think it will make the game more "complex". Instead it just comes off as tedious <_<

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.
Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:
Just a little teaser screenshot of Mountain Village...

Screenshot (364).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urmomsbigbazoongas