Comments on Profile Post by standardplayer

1. mlogan
    mlogan
    I don't remember details, but I remember that name.
    Oct 20, 2019
    standardplayer likes this.
  2. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    It was the perfect mix of deadpan humor and sarcasm for 10 year old me
    Oct 20, 2019
  3. MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    I remember something about an evil teacher who turned students she didn't like into apples.

And the... PE teacher? PE assistant? Something to that effect.
    Oct 20, 2019
  4. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Mrs Gorf! And you might be thinking of the groundskeeper, Louis (instead of P.E. teacher, although I could be wrong). Louis was actually semi-styled after the auther, Louis Sachar
    Oct 20, 2019
    MechScapeZH likes this.
  5. MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Yes! Mrs. Gorf! (It's very silly now, but back then I was somewhat afraid of the character.) My 3rd grade teacher made me read it, and I thought I'd hate it because it was for school, but I loved it. That's why the book stuck in my memory. That's who I'm talking about. Doesn't surprise me that he was modeled after the author- whoever wrote this must have a personality like that.
    Oct 20, 2019
  6. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Yup, and then after Mrs. Gorf I think got tricked into turning herself into an apple, that's how they got Mrs Jewls. And you know what, you may have thought P.E. teacher because I think he was always in charge of their playground kickball games. I think there were 3 kinds of kickballs, only 1 kind was good. Memories lol
    Oct 20, 2019
    MechScapeZH likes this.
  7. MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    That I remember. And they just left her that way, right?
    Even if she was evil, I always thought that was harsh. I remember the kickball. He was the kind of person I'd want working at my school- very kind. And somehow immune to all the supernatural happenings too... Was that ever explained?
    Yeah, memories all right. I haven't thought about that book in so, so many years. Thank you for bringing it all back to me. :)
    Oct 20, 2019
  8. standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Lol glad someone remembered! I'm always going on Nostalgia kicks, I can't help it XD
    Oct 20, 2019
    MechScapeZH likes this.
  9. MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    I'm the same way. Always happy to kick around some nostalgia. :)
    Oct 20, 2019
  10. Ragpuppy87
    Ragpuppy87
    I loved that series! I hadn't thought about in years.
    Oct 20, 2019
    MechScapeZH and standardplayer like this.
  11. Zanckst
    Zanckst
    Does it have a Sideview Battle Punfun?
    Oct 21, 2019